Dasatinib

Hi Brian,

On the website "SocietyforAgeReversal.org which is the same as rescueelders.org I think. You mentioned in the blog, "I'm taking a very quick break from the engaging presentations to report that after taking – mid-afternoon yesterday, Friday, Sept. 21 – 200 mg of dasatinib and 2000 mg of quercetin".

Where did you get the dasatinib? International Antiaging Systems (I.A.S.) does not sell it and I have been looking for a supplier!

Any information on obtaining dasatinib I would think would be greatly apprecitated by me and maybe other rescueelders.org members.

67replies Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
  • Dear Snowbird,

The best source I have \been able to turn up is theBonHoa Pharmacy in New Deli, India, link https://www.bonhoa.com/ . However, they have a peculiar payment system in which you place your order and then wait some hours for a reply email providing payment links.

Like 2
      • Peter5.0
      • peter50
      • 1 yr ago
      • Reported - view

JGC did you order from bonhoa.com and what did you think of the quality of their product. Some are concerned that the quality of meds from overseas may not be a good quality as domestic products. Others believe that Big Pharma jacks up the prices of drugs that should not be as high as we see here in the States. I'm of the latter group.

I just came across the bonhoa site today and see that their prices are about 10% of what pharmacies charge in the USA. Have you tried the US meds vs the overseas meds?

• Wuwei57 I ordered Lucidas (SPRYCEL) Dasatinib 70mg from bonahoa.com . The reason for the low price is explain here:
      https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dasatinib#Cost
      I statred taking the dasatinib + qurcertin three months ago, and my osteoarthritis has been improved drastically, so I think there is no problem in the quality.

Like 4
      • JGC
      • JGC
      • 1 yr ago
      • Reported - view

Peter5.0 

I did purchase a bottle of Lucidas Pharmaceuticals brand 60 Dasatinib 50 mg tablets from BonHoa for a bit over $200.  I have no way of evaluating the quality as compared to the Bristol-Meyers-Squibb product ($2k for 4 pills), which I have not tried.  However, others have made the same purchase of Dasatinib and reported that they observed senolytic results.

Like 4
      • Peter5.0
      • peter50
      • 1 yr ago
      • Reported - view

JGC thanks, the speaker we listened to on Sat recommended buying US products only because of FDA supervision in the manufacturing process. Personally, I believe that US drug makers really jack up prices to boost profits, as we have seen with Epipens and many other drugs that have seen huge markups in the past few years. Maybe other studies will compare the quality of the two products. I just wanted to hear about first hand accounts of those who have purchase from bonhoa with no complaints on quality. We do know one man in Vegas who was part of a trial and probably took the $2000 tabs from Bristol Meyers. He may be willing to try out this other version and give feedback in its strengths and quality. 

Even if its only 90% as effective as the bonhoa caps, I'm willing to go with that to save $1750. 

Like 3
      • RobH
      • RobH
      • 1 yr ago
      • Reported - view

Peter5.0 If that speaker who recommended US products only couldn't even accept Canadian products, then it was just FUD favoring US distribution and FDA jurisdiction.  The primary reason to buy foreign is because of the barriers set up by the FDA.  If I had to pay $2000 for dasatinib, then I just would do without.  At $200 I'm game.  And the Indian pharmacy delivered a product that looks and acts exactly like what has been described for dasatinib.

Like 2
      • Peter5.0
      • peter50
      • 1 yr ago
      • Reported - view

RobH he didn't specifically exclude Canadian drugs but had experience with the FDA supervision of drugs produced in the USA. He felt that we would get the highest quality due to the monitoring by the FDA during the production. We did not get into the discussion of price gouging by US pharmaceutical companies. Do you have access to Canadian sources and know their prices? I have a few contacts in Canada too. 

• RobH
      • RobH
      • 1 yr ago
      • Reported - view

Peter5.0 I think Dr. Green, a US doctor, recommends a Canadian pharmacy for rapamycin.  It was like 30% or so cheaper than the US version, and acceptable quality.  It may even be the same manufacturing plant with a "destined for Canada" box - I don't really have the details.  But the essential point is that acceptable quality rapamycin is available at significantly lower price for those willing to jump the hoops enforced by FDA.  While I purchased my first batch of rapamycin from India, it turns out that it is available even cheaper from IAS in Britain.  IAS is a high end offshore pharmacy that has been in business for decades, no thanks to the FDA.

Canada has such a high reputation for drug quality that they have become a brand name to feature, even when the actual pharmacies have no connection to Canada.  If a "Canadian" pharmacy doesn't require a prescription, then it's not in Canada.  I would avoid any such place as their ethics are obviously on the suspect side.  The Indian pharmacies I've used are proud of their businesses, and haven't hidden under false pretenses.

The use of a permission slip (prescription) from a doctor is not a universal practice in the world.  Mexico in particular allows a pharmacist to sell most drugs on their own authority.  As far as I can tell, Mexico does not have a problem with what we call prescription drugs.  Illegal drugs, yes.  Everyday drugs that doctors recommend are not a problem worth creating the US style bureaucracy.

Like 2
      • JohnnyAdamsmoderator
      • Mission: Slow and Ultimately Reverse Biological Aging and Age Related Decline for More Years of Healthy Living
      • JohnnyAdams
      • 1 yr ago
      • Reported - view

JGC 

Re your forum post about testing dasatinib for purity and content. 

Recently I located Echelon Biosciences Inc on Science Exchange. 

They performed HPLC (high-performance liquid chromatography) testing of samples against a generic (known) quality of dasatinib acquired from Sigma: CAS: 302962-49-8.

www.sigmaaldrich.com/catalog/buildingblock/product/matrixscientific/mat370173661?lang=en&region=US

We checked Sprycel dasatinib (Bristol-Myers Squibb) 20 mg purchased at a US pharmacy

and Sprycel dasatinib (Bristol-Myers Squibb) 60 mg purchased from an Indian pharmacy.

Both checked out according to this procedure.  As with any pharmaceutical, there is some risk.  

They still have the HPLC data to use for checking other dasatinib samples.

Cost for new samples should be modest.

We went through a learning curve for communications and to arrive at a procedure for this, so I strongly suggest you keep me in the loop. (949) 922-9786, JAdams@grg.org

I have contacted Mark and he is ready to accept more samples.

Mark Nelson, PhD

Echelon Biosciences Inc

675 Arapeen Drive Suite 302

Salt Lake City, UT 84108

mnelson@frontiersci.com

Cell: 774-571-8607

Office: 801-588-0455 ex 308

Payments to Kelly Sauder in accounting ksauder@echelon-inc.com

We went through a learning curve for communications and to arrive at a procedure for this, so I strongly suggest you keep me in the loop.

Next we could through the process for testing others, like rapamycin. 

Like 4
      • Peter5.0
      • peter50
      • 1 yr ago
      • Reported - view

RobH can you post a link to IAS so I can check it out? 

• JGC
      • JGC
      • 1 yr ago
      • Reported - view

Peter5.0 

Here's what the Wikipedia article on Dasatinib has to say about Bristol-Meyers Squibb pricing:

"The Union for Affordable Cancer Treatment objected to the price of dasatinib, in a letter to the U.S. trade representative. The average wholesale price in the U.S. is $367 per day, twice the price in other high income countries. The price in India, where the average annual per capita income is $1,570, and where most people pay out of pocket, is Rs6627 ($108) a day. Indian manufacturers offered to supply generic versions for $4 a day, but, under pressure from the U.S., the Indian Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion refused to issue a compulsory license.[4]

Bristol-Myers Squibb justified the high prices of cancer drugs with the high R&D costs, but the Union of Affordable Cancer Treatment said that most of the R&D costs came from the U.S. government, including National Institutes of Health funded research and clinical trials, and a 50% tax credit. In England and Wales, the National Institute for Health and Care Excellence recommended against dasatinib because of the high cost-benefit ratio.[4]

The Union for Affordable Cancer Treatment said that "the dasatinib dispute illustrates the shortcomings of US trade policy and its impact on cancer patients"[4]"

Like 2
      • RobH
      • RobH
      • 1 yr ago
      • Reported - view

Peter5.0 Just another pointer back to the thread on IAS - https://forum.age-reversal.net/t/80rgtz

Like 1
      • Dan Nave
      • Dan_Nave
      • 9 mths ago
      • Reported - view

JGC 

Did Bon Hoa require a prescription from you, and if so how did you get on for this off label use?

• Rob8311
      • Rob8311
      • 10 days ago
      • Reported - view

JGC Any particular reason to take dasatinib on an empty stomach?

• JGC
      • JGC
      • 9 days ago
      • Reported - view

Rob8311 

No particular reason for the empty stomach except timing.  Last year we took a BioPerine cap at 9 AM followed by the D+Q session at 10 AM.  We usually have a light breakfast anyhow.  Some people claim that it's better to do D+Q with a high-fat meal.

• Rob8311
      • Rob8311
      • 9 days ago
      • Reported - view

JGC That's good, because the drug sheet says it's fine with or without food.  One less substance to agonize about when to take, and good for those with sensitive stomachs.

• JGC
      • JGC
      • 8 days ago
      • Reported - view

Dan Nave 

Bon Hoa did ask me for a prescription, but they shipped after I told them that the Dasatinib was to be used to treat my aging Shetland Sheepdogs (true, but incomplete).  However, I believe that others have obtained Lucidias Dasatinib from them without a prescription.

• RobH
      • RobH
      • 8 days ago
      • Reported - view

JGC My guess is that using a credit card to pay for what are prescription drugs in the US triggers the prescription request. Ditto bank based payments, although I've had success with eCheck. RIA money seems OK.

• JGC
      • JGC
      • 8 days ago
      • Reported - view

RobH 

I paid them with PayPal, and for some reason they did not require payment until the shipment was delivered.

• Just curious as to why we haven't had an update from Brian on his experience and the results of the blood test he expected to get in mid October.  Hope all is well!

Like 1
  • Is Dasatinib $14,000 dollars for 30 20mg pills from your use. The price seems wrong. What are you paying?

• For whatever it's worth, here's a report of ordering Dasatinib from India.

The price at BonHoa was $165 + $35 shipping for 60 20mg tablets.  You provide them with a name and email address for PayPal to send you a payment request.  PayPal emails you a request for $200 to be paid to an individual (nothing about BonHoa) with a bunch of numbers that identify the order.  I paid the PayPal invoice with a credit card.  BonHoa and PayPal send confirmation of the payment.  BonHoa sends the package via EMS, with final delivery by USPS.  The package was opened by customs, resealed, and delivered normally.  Signed receipt for delivery confirmation.  Total shipment time was 13 days.

The product was manufactured by Lucidus Pharmaceuticals.  Manufacture date June, 2017.  Expiration date May 2019.

I've taken 1 dose of 10 20mg tablets plus 3 800mg quercetin.  Before taking the dasatinib I took 3 gm of liquid liposomal vitamin C as a precaution against an allergic reaction.  The second dose is due, but I don't want to combine it with Thanksgiving dinner...

I think that I felt a little under the weather from maybe hour 2 to hour 4 after the dose.  Certainly nothing dramatic.  One thing that the dasatinib may have done is that a sore spot on the palm of my left foot is less irritating.  Maybe a little more energy.  I'm 74.

Like 5
      • Dennis
      • Retired USAF pilot, biochemist.
      • Dennis
      • 1 yr ago
      • Reported - view

RobH Great reporting Rob! Thanks! I'll likely follow your lead in the near future!

• RobH   Can you take this combo while also taking Rapamycin? Thanks for any help you can offer.  

• RobH
      • RobH
      • 1 yr ago
      • Reported - view

Bailey's Girl Well, I did and I'm still alive...

While it's hard to assign responsibility to specific things that I'm doing, I do think I'm stronger now that I've done D+Q.  Before I started Rapamycin I was swimming a mile or so a day.  Yesterday I swam just over 2 miles, and today just under 2 miles.  And I don't feel trashed.

The improvement wasn't instant, but things started working better after several months on Rapamycin.  The D+T probably improved on just the Rapamycin alone.

Other unusual things that I take include cycloastragenol (generic TA65), 20,000 IU of D3, and occasional proteolytic enzymes.

Like 2
    • RobH ...excess D3 can be toxic. Check for your body mass...

• are we there yet Regarding vitamin D3, for me personally I have not experienced toxicity with high dose supplementation. My 25(OH)D level remains relatively stable at around 100 ng/ml, +/- 10; and my blood calcium level is always within the normal range. I currently take 50,000 i.u. D3 daily, but I've taken as much as 120,000 i.u. D3 daily for months on end with no toxicity issues. I used to test my blood 2x a year. Now I test just once a year. It is always stable.  No doubt for me that higher 25(OH)D level = more energy and better health. I know I am simply an N=1. 

Like 1
    • are we there yet Also note that I am a scant 100 lbs at 5'3"

• Peter5.0
      • peter50
      • 1 yr ago
      • Reported - view

RobH thanks for the info. I put in an order for 60 of the 50mg capsules today. 

Like 1
      • Dan Nave
      • Dan_Nave
      • 9 mths ago
      • Reported - view

RobH 

Did you have a prescription for the dasatinib?  I just tried to order some from BonHoa and they required a prescription.

• Dan Nave
      • Dan_Nave
      • 9 mths ago
      • Reported - view

Peter5.0 

Were you successful in ordering?  They required a prescription from me for the same thing, but I did not have one.  How would I get a prescription for this off label use?

• RobH
      • RobH
      • 9 mths ago
      • Reported - view

Dan Nave Do you mean they "required", or just "allowed"?  I don't remember the details of my order, but I've been known to just leave blanks when I didn't have the data.  The biggest problem I remember was how to pay.  I'm afraid of bitcoin because its so volatile.  Ria money worked, but I had to specify a receiving agent.  Or was that the rapa...

• Dan Nave
      • Dan_Nave
      • 9 mths ago
      • Reported - view

RobH 

I was going to pay with a bank transfer so they had to communicate the details with me before I ordered.  Then the person who talked to me asked for a prescription which I didn't have.  I wondered if I had used a credit card to pay immediately, if it would have just gone through...

• JGC
      • JGC
      • 9 mths ago
      • Reported - view

Dan Nave 

I think the request for prescription depends on the salesman that BonHoa assigns.  Some people have been asked and others not.  I was asked for a prescription, and I replied that I didn't need a prescription because the Dasatinib was to use D+Q to clear the senescent cells in my two aging Agility Champion Shetland Sheepdogs (which was true, as far as it went).  That worked.

I didn't have to pay for my order until after it arrived (strange way of doing business), and I arranged for them to send an invoice via PayPal, which I paid that way.

Like 2
      • RobH
      • RobH
      • 9 mths ago
      • Reported - view

Dan Nave The long arm of the FDA doesn't reach pharmacies in India, but it does reach credit card companies and banks.   What I find interesting is that my Dasatinib shipment was opened by customs, resealed and delivered to me.  So customs regarded it as legal.  Transferring money is the problem.  Ria Money seems to be a company that works between the US and India.  Bitcoin works, but the value fluctuates too much for my taste.  

Like 2
      • Kevin A
      • Valued_Customer
      • 3 mths ago
      • Reported - view

RobH   Hi Rob.  I was hoping you could help me with a question.  I recently ordered the exact same product from Bon Hoa, (60) tabs of 20 mg Dasatinib.  This is what showed up 28 tablets that look like this.  Could you confirm this is the same style tablet that you received?  Thanks much  👍

• RobH
      • RobH
      • 3 mths ago
      • Reported - view

Valued Customer My Lucidas 20 is small white tablets in a white plastic bottle.  My Lucidas 50 is larger grey tablets in the blue plastic bottle like your picture. Wonder what we've actually got...

Like 1
      • Kevin A
      • Valued_Customer
      • 3 mths ago
      • Reported - view

RobH Good question!  I've emailed Bon Hoa with that question and the picture.  I haven't heard anything back yet.  Thanks for your response.  I'm trying to be safe here...😊👍

• Rob8311
      • Rob8311
      • 2 wk ago
      • Reported - view

JGC and anyone interested...  I went to a local lab (S&N Labs in Santa Ana, CA) to verify a tablet of Lucidas 50 Dasatinib 50 mg that I purchased from BonHoa in India some months ago for about $250 without a prescription.  The labwork was pricey.  The lab charged me $350 to identify the sample and another $250 to assay the concentration, but I had a good feeling about the lab and the people, which I did not get from another lab I visited.  Their analysis:  "Two tablets labeled "Lucidas 50 Dasatinib 50mg" were received on 8 January 2020.  The intact tablet was crushed, extracted and analyzed using high pressure liquid chromatography (HPLC).  The correct drug was identified in this tablet based on retention time and UV absorbance spectrum.  The results are summarized in the table below....Concentration (mg/tablet) 46".  The President of S&N did snark that he could tell it was not a US company because they only mentioned excipients in the insert and were not compelled to identify them.  Although this result doesn't mean that all the BonHoa offerings are what they claim to be or even that the rest of my bottle is good, it's an indication that BonHoa is legit.  I experienced nothing good or bad from taking five of the tablets.

Like 2
      • Kevin A
      • Valued_Customer
      • 10 days ago
      • Reported - view

Rob8311 Good to know!  Thank you!

• Kevin A
      • Valued_Customer
      • 10 days ago
      • Reported - view

Rob8311 Bon Hoa sent me a replacement for my order that I referenced above.  The second package had the small white pills that everyone else has spoken about.

• Larry
      • Larry.1
      • 10 days ago
      • Reported - view

Rob8311 Thanks for the detective work. That's what makes this forum so valuable. 

• I recommend the book "How Not to Die with True High-Dose Vitamin D Therapy" by Tiago Henriques.  It tells about how Brazilian Dr.  Ciceo Coimbra is curing Multiple Sclerosis with D3.  The outright cure rate is 95%, with the remaining 5% only improved.  Nothing else comes close.

Problems reported with D3 apparently have been excess calcium, parathyroid gland problems, or megadose D (such as 1,000,000 IU/day).  D3 supplementation increases calcium absorption.

Dr.  Coimbra's treatment appears to be to maximize D3 while watching/limiting calcium supply.  I haven't finished the book, but have seen mention of 200,000 IU/day as possible with some patients.  Such high doses require intense monitoring of calcium and parathyroid levels.

My guess is that 10,000 IU/day is reasonable for most people without blood tests.  I took 50,000 IU/day with D3/calcium tests under direction of my endocrinologist starting about 10 years ago.  While nothing bad happened at 50,000, I've since reduced it to 20,000 as I didn't want to be that far out.  Maybe I'll go back to 50,000 after finishing the book.

My doctor's instructions were 50,000 IU D3 (NOT D2), no calcium supplementation.  I mentioned my no dairy diet, which I guess he approved of.  I also showed him about 5 years worth of Life Extension blood tests which he found acceptable.

I regard high D3 as a superior alternative to flu shots.  Along with K2 (MK-7) and other D3 co-factors I think I'm doing better than others my age.

Like 3
  • I ordered dasatinib this week from Bonhoa.   They emailed me two days later saying that a prescription is required and it can only be sold in the poorest countries and not US  or EU.

I have attached a screenshot of the email if anyone is interested.

Any ideas what is up or for another source ?

Thanks 

• Mel 

https://www.beaconpharma.com.bd/

Maybe this company can get you what you want?

I have not used them myself yet. But If I need something they are among the companies I would turn to. They have a reputation to take care of. Selling fake medicines would be a disaster for their reputation. 

• Rob8311
      • Rob8311
      • 6 days ago
      • Reported - view

Mel It might be worth another try.  I ordered shortly after someone else who was told a prescription was required, but no prescription was ever discussed with me.  Maybe it varies with the person processing the order.

• Staffan Olsson I contacted them today, waiting for reply.

• Dan Nave
      • Dan_Nave
      • 6 days ago
      • Reported - view

Mel You could try TLR, True LIfe Research, but you would have to be willing and able to measure it out yourself.  Sold as a powder.

• You may want to do a quick Google search on True Life Research before buying from them. 

Like 1
      • Dan Nave
      • Dan_Nave
      • 4 days ago
      • Reported - view

Michael Avenoso I have no reason to doubt that their dasatinib was legit.  Side effects matched right down the line...

• Dan Nave  Good to hear that. My search came up with some pretty serious accusations, so I just wanted people to be aware before making the decision to buy from them.

• Dan Nave
      • Dan_Nave
      • 4 days ago
      • Reported - view

Michael Avenoso Also, I should mention that although I think I took too strong a dose, I felt I got some indication of senolytic activity as I noticed a distinct improvement in a shoulder I was having trouble with, which I assume was somewhat arthritic.

• Dan Nave  That's great. I just took my second dose today and feel generally cruddy. Last week when I took the first dose the malaise lasted ~ 3 days before easing but I didn't see any improvements. 

• I received information from BeaconPharma:

Dasanix is commercially available. Please see the below table regarding price & other details:

Brand Name

Generic Name

Strength

Pack Size

Price per pack

Dasanix 100 Tablet

Dasatinib

100 mg

30’s Pot

USD 220

Dasanix 50 Tablet

Dasatinib

50 mg

60’s Pot

USD 220

Dasanix 20 Tablet

Dasatinib

20 mg

30’s Pot

USD 45

Purchase is through bank transfer and shipping is additional $65. 

Like 1
    • Dorian Gray Good to know. It Will be interesting to see what kind of services  and what kind of quality products they can send to EU and to the US.  

• Incredible that Sprycel prescription med in US is $15,000+ for 60, 50mg tabs.  Sprycel has a discount plan-anyone use it who got a prescription?  Just curious.

• Have folks given up on the antiaging-systems source because of the credit card hack or is there another reason to be aware of?

• JGC
      • JGC
      • 3 days ago
      • Reported - view

Michael Avenoso 

I recently bought RapaPro Rapamycin from Antiaging Systems of Singapore after they sent me an assay of the product that looked authentic and credible.  They do not take credit cards or PayPal. I paid with an "e-check" that required giving a 3rd party your checking account number and bank routing number.  I didn't like that because of the obvious downside, but I did it and it worked.  They need a better payment system.

• Michael Avenoso Don't think they ever took credit cards. Bought Dasatinab using an e-check which is where the trouble was and they have stopped that. I wrote them and they said they can use https://www.xe.com/ too

Like 1
  • Paul, My bad. It was the e-check issue that got hacked not credit cards. Glad to hear they have taken steps to correct the problem.

• "...giving a 3rd party your checking account number and bank routing number..."  A very, very bad idea as we all probably know.  Especially a foreign company. Yet...

• David H
      • David_Hanson
      • 2 days ago
      • Reported - view

Dorian Gray Well we have the option of getting a prescription for Dasatinib from a local MD and then taking it to a local pharmacy.  I checked on GoodRX,  Without a coupon all my local Florida pharmacies  want about $2100 for 150 grams.  So the risk with the checking account may be worth it. For safety, one could  open another checking account for use at foreign pharmacies only.  My bank, USAA, doesn't charge for checking accounts but still I am not sure if it is worth the trouble of setting up a new one.

• JGC
      • JGC
      • 2 days ago
      • Reported - view

Dorian Gray 

I agree, but I must point out that every time you send someone a paper check, the account number and bank routing number information goes with it along the bottom line.

• JGC
      • JGC
      • 2 days ago
      • Reported - view

David H 

Did you mean 150 milligrams or 150 grams?  That's a large amount of dasatinib.

• David H
      • David_Hanson
      • 2 days ago
      • Reported - view

JGC mg sorry.

• I agree with JGC... sending your routing and account #s is no riskier than sending a check. Plus FWIW, I have used antiaging systems  since about 2010 with no complaints. I did have a shipment held up in customs once but they eventually released it, so I don't know if they would re-ship in that situation.

• I ordered some dasatinib this week from anti aging.  I sent a wire so they don't get all my bank info. It was how they asked for payment so perhaps they have changed their payment process.

Like Follow
  • 15 hrs agoLast active
  • 67Replies
  • 1270Views
  • 21 Following