Add a category for local meetups

I have a local life-extension focused meetup I'd be glad to announce, and I'm sure others would like to connect in their areas as well.

Would you consider adding a Local Meetup category?

8replies Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
    • Maximus Peto
    • Researcher, website & forum admin
    • Maximus
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

This is a neat idea! I'll add a forum section for this. 

Like 1
    • Max Peto - Please a "local meeting" section for Asia.  I live in Bangkok, Thailand; a hub of medical tourism. 

But, please, don't enforce the use of "Meetup" -- that is a web site for public group activities, and here, it functions like "Internet Dating". Since "Meetups" are open to the public, they attract all kinds of "crazies".  Better to just have a quiet meeting that is more discrete.

I'm not any kind of medical worker, so I can't comment about doctors, hospitals, clinics.  But I do know Bangkok, and can provide logistics advice for anyone coming here for medical/dental procedures.

• Maximus Peto
      • Maximus
      • 4 yrs ago
      • Reported - view

Mike Almerjanski Hello Mike. At your request, I have created a section for Asia. Feel free to post there. 

I do not understand what you mean by "enforcing the use of 'Meetup'". We are not enforcing the use of any particular website or service; it's just a forum section for people to discuss meeting in a broad geographical region. People who post to this section of the forum can decide for themselves how they prefer to coordinate communications and organize events. 

• Applied Extropy
      • Heralding our Apotheosis
      • Applied_Extropy
      • 4 yrs ago
      • Reported - view

Max Peto Many thanks, Max! :)

Like 1
  • Given the number of stated EU members (about 5 ?), we could have a Local Meetup in the middle of Europe somewhere. Some "Longecity" members used to meet somewhere in the Netherlands many years ago, now I don't see their meetings listed. In Longecity I was advised to create my local chapter. The Facebook page of the Age Reversal Network does not offer groups, contacts, or ways to know what they care about as far as I can see. I never created a group on FB, I don't know if it ends up on the wanted page after one has created it. Local exercise or plant growing and cooking groups may be the closest one can get to doing healthy activities together with other people around here. Instead there is a fair bit of Co-housing and eco-villages happening. Excellent, one has to start with other priorities though. Hard to put it all together fast enough in such contexts I feel, but they are certainly contexts where contact and motivation could have a powerful health effect.

• Flavio Ferlitz 

Hi!

We can start right away with a EU group here on the Forum.

Before local meetup we can see if there are enough members here that are interested in sharing  EU related issues as well as sharing thoughts and experiences about age reversal. I am working full time so a meet up will take some planning.  

In Sweden it is very conservative when it comes to rejuvenating interventions. No Dr here will prescribe dasatinib or metformin unless its is for the diseases they are aimed for. And those diseases also has to be properly diagnosed. 

My first issue to handle is to get dasatinib. Some say that Drs ans pharmacies in eastern europe are more progressive. I would like to hear more about that from fellow "EU members". (Even some pharmacy in India don't want to send dasatinib to Sweden. They said it probably  wouldn't go through custom clearance.)

We see what will happen. 

• Maximus Peto
      • Maximus
      • 4 yrs ago
      • Reported - view

Staffan Olsson Flavio Ferlitz I have added a forum section for EU meetups. I hope you plan something interesting! 

• Hello Max and Staffan,

I hope you are well, I am. Sorry about the long absence. I was visited in NY in December, bringing my testing (good HOMA score and good "23&me" results) and was made aware of the great importance of avoiding Advanced Glycation Endproducts (A.G.E.s). Probably everybody is aware of them, I wasn't in this sort of detail; this is not really a diet, is just avoiding to consume more AGEs in a day than our body can handle, and they enter the body, beside being more abundant in not suspect able foods, mainly via wrong food preparation methods involving dry and long heating. Apart from having been told to read the first chapters of "Dr. Vlassara's A.G.E. Less Diet" I received several handouts, https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6326656/ (paper by dr. Green, indicating how a young person can eliminate max. 5000-8000 kilounits of AGEs), and https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20497781, a PUBMED manuscript (also free to use, still Copyright) by Dr. Vlassara and others, the long list of foods that were studied- the AGE content of all set up as a table giving such content per 100g and per serving: mind blowing numbers! (I copied the lists into files for easier reading). I believe this is not to say there are no other issues with foods, but this seems to be a really essential one.

I was also prescribed low dose weekly Rapamycin (well explained in the website RapamycinTherapy) and 4 yearly Dasatinib plus Quercetin.

My hopes of being able to get these where I live though faded away very quickly, making me realize that, if anti-aging interests me, I have to move to another country.

Kept a couple of medicines, which I would like to reduce, and made again a long list of costly supplements, some of which would have been useful anyway.

Very useful visit, but only partly successful implementation.

Be well. Flavio

Like2 Follow
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 yrs agoLast active
  • 8Replies
  • 89Views
  • 5 Following