Anyone actually experience marked increased energy from NMN?

It's been 2 years now - sublingual.

Nothing. I'm ready to throw it in the box with the resveratrol and rapamycin.

Please leave your experiences and types/doses as well as how you can differentiate if also using other 'compounds'.

Thank you

139replies Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
    • Spasov
    • Spasov
    • 2 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

It had no effect on me ...
    Maybe humans and mice are not exactly the same :) 

Like 2
    • Jared
    • Jared77
    • 2 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

I’ve been taking 1g NMN for over a year and have experienced a remarkable reduction in chronic pain, increased stamina, profound second wind, massive mood improvement, improved mental alertness and memory, I don’t shiver in cold like I used to, my workouts are as intense as they were in my 20s, I’m walking with longer strides, and a bunch of other improvements.  Too many to list.  It’s been so profound that nobody would believe it if they didn’t know me before I started supplementing.   Whatever deficits I was suffering from prior to NMN, this supplement has reversed them. 

Like 4
    • Sebastian
    • Sebastian
    • 2 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

I take 1g daily together with 1g Resveratrol daily . I feel less tired and have much more endurance when doing sports. BUT since taking the 2 supplements I do have problems with an upset stomach.  Every day diarrhea and some things , like salad, is suddenly very hard to digest. I don’t know if its the NMN or the Resveratrol. Or none and just coincidence…. Anybody with similar side effects?

Like 1
      • Michael
      • Michael.1
      • 2 yrs ago
      • Reported - view

Sebastian I've never heard of Res causing an upset stomach but personally noticed it while using Rapa. Thanks for the update.

• Sebastian Gastrointestinal discomfort has been reported.

Negative Effects of Resveratrol | Livestrong.com

• Sebastian
      • Sebastian
      • 2 yrs ago
      • Reported - view

Michael 

I stopped NMN and Resveratrol and the symptoms disappeared. Started Resveratrol again. No symptoms. Started with half a dose NMN : No symptoms. Took 1g of NMN : Same symptoms as before . Upset stomach and diarrhea. So now I started to take the NMN AFTER breakfast (No fasting stomach) and the promblems seem to have disappeared. Now I don’t know how important it is to take the NMN on a fasting stomach but taking it after breakfast is working for me. Cheers 

Like 1
      • Michael
      • Michael.1
      • 2 yrs ago
      • Reported - view

Sebastian Thanks for sharing

• Karl
    • Karl.1
    • 2 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

My wife and I recently started taking Elevant. We both feel like we have more energy, but at this point, not ruling out placebo effect.

Like 1
  • Purity may be a factor.  Where do you purchase? 

• I have like many people a supplement stack.  I measure the effect particularly on my sleep and aim to change any one variable in isolation.

I have just started with a new version of NMN.  I previously tried one which may be a placebo, but I do think it is having an effect.   I don't expect an overnight shift, but if it is increasing NAD+ levels that should be measurable.  For a week before that I was using NR (after the initial one I think was fraudulent).    

I do think there is a shift. 

• DAVID W
    • DAVID_WOODHOUSE
    • 2 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

I’ve been taking 1g NMN and 40g olive oil for 6 months now. No improvement in peak power or FTP (cycling); no improvement in resting HR or HRV; no improvement in free testosterone or cholesterol markers…but slight improvement in sleep duration and architecture (Oura ring)

• JH
    • green_cloud
    • 2 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

i am 70 and have been taking NMN over a year, it improves strength in my legs and improves skin texture, but i still feel tired and sleepy after lunch hours. Then i take Rapamycin recently (5mg/week), it works way better than NMN in boosting energy and alertness. Highly recommended for old folks! 

Like 3
    • JH How are you getting Rapamycin? Doctor prescribe it?

• JH
      • green_cloud
      • 2 yrs ago
      • Reported - view

John Ramos buy from India, no prescription needed. https://www.rapamycin.news/t/importing-rapamycin-to-save-money-pt-2/82

• JH Did you have to fill out paperwork? Is it really a firedrill? LOL Or can you go to a known good website and order? 

• JH
      • green_cloud
      • 2 yrs ago
      • Reported - view

John Ramos No paperwork, just go to www.indiamart.com and choose a vender, i have good experience with Niba Healthcare vender, use wise.com to transfer fund.

• JH Hi much did you buy and how much are you taking? Is 3mg the dose?

• JH
      • green_cloud
      • 2 yrs ago
      • Reported - view

John Ramos Biocon Rapacan 1mg costs about $1, Zydus Siromus about $1.5.

i take 6mg weekly or 3mg weekly with grapefruit juice.

Like 1
  • I've taken it in the past and the only noticeable result was that I became agitated. I would become borderline angry sometimes. I suppose there was some energy boosting but paired with the agitation it wasn't worth it. I wasn't taking that much probably only 1 gram a day at most.

Like 1
    • Bart Balder  Thank you for reporting agitation when taking NMN. I will be observant, this since I am considering supplementing with NMN. I have had similar experiences with Q10 and Vitamin K1. They make me agitated and I want to avoid taking supplements that have that effect on me.

Like 1
    • Karl
    • Karl.1
    • 2 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

After taking NMN for a couple months, I have stopped for the following reasons.

1.  There appears to be little evidence that it actually gets into your cells to any significant degree.

2.  Comparing taking it to not taking it, I did not notice any difference.

3.  Recent studies shows several brands of NMN, do actually contain much NMN.

Like 3
      • JH
      • green_cloud
      • 2 yrs ago
      • Reported - view

Karl there are liposomal NR and liposomal NMN available in the market, you may try them if it works.

Like 1
    • JH The guy from Modern Healthspan posted a video in which he said he saw raised levels of NMN in the blood from liposomonal NMN https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NcFhJHHGGEI&t=2s

But, being in the blood doesn't show that it moves into the cells.  It's a fairly large molecule & would need to be moved in via active transport, both to the cell itself & to the mitochondria.

Does anyone have any info on how well NMN is transported across cell membranes?

• JH According to tests available from DoNotAge and Alive by Science(ABS), just NMN does raise NAD+, you can get your dose right by taking one of the tests. Richard of Modern Healthspan did it in one(some) of his videos. I had kind of a pissy run in with a rep from Alive by science so I'm going to stick to DoNotAge or Prohealth with both sell the same NMN. My last batch of NMN from ABS was very different, told them that and they got pissy....

• NR and NMN were two of the first supplents I tried. Didn't seem to do anything.

But, just watched this and maybe see a clue as to why

https://youtu.be/pj-CSSghDXo

Like 3
Like Follow
  • 9 mths agoLast active
  • 139Replies
  • 2762Views
  • 25 Following