My Journey To Reduce My Epigenetic Age

I am using mydnage.com and paying top dollar to get the most accurate Horvath based test. Here are my results. Not sure how reliable these numbers are since they could still be within the margin of error. However, it is my opinion they are accurate because the test I took analyzes over 2000+ DNA locations.

1. First Test
    • Apr 2020: -1.8 years
      • I take so many supplements it hard to know which ones could affect my age.  After seeing my Apr result I decided to make some changes.  I increased my Vitamin D levels to 55.  Take DHEA once a month.  Trying to improve sleeping.  Experimenting with ashwagandha and melatonin microdose.   Ashwagandha didn't work out.  Made me feel apathetic.  I also experimented with other various supplements.
      • I decided to stop doing smoothies.  Decided I might take a more pharmaceutical approach.
      • The test claims I am younger than 59% than people my age.
      • My phenotypic age is -10.8 years in June.
  2. Second Test
    • Oct 2020 : -2.3 years
      • Reduction of 0.5 years in 6 months.
      • Started rapamycin and rejuvant at this time in Oct after seeing my result.
      • Started keto diet at this time in Oct after seeing my result.
      • The test claims I am younger than 77% than people my age.
      • My phenotypic age is -9.16 years.
  3. Third Test
    •  Jan 2021: -2.5 years
      • Reduction of 0.2 years in three-four months.
      • The rapamycin and rejuvant did not do much to my epigenetic age in four months.  However, there were other beneficial effects.  I lost weight due to keto diet and rapamycin.
      • I believe my white hairs are now gray due to rejuvant.
      • The test claims I am younger than 76% than people my age.
      • My phenotypic age is -16.24 years
12replies Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
    • MAC
    • MAC
    • 2 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

This is great info Jimmy. I did my first DNAage blood test in July 20, showed approx 3 yrs younger (I was 55). How old are you? There is some error/noise in the test of course. According to DNAage, one should wait 6-12 months before doing another test for the methylation signal to populate. Rapamycin, I started 3 months ago, have not done another DNAage test yet. What dose/schedule of Rapamycin are you on? And you've verified efficacy of the rapamycin? I went strict keto 5 yrs ago with 18/6 IF, and then went OMAD (one meal a day) 3 yrs ago. I am a daily high exerciser, take some meds and handful of supplements. Under the care of an FMD. Will probably do another test this July, at 12 month mark since last, a good 6 months of Rapamycin.

• Jimmy
      • Jim_N
      • 2 yrs ago
      • Reported - view

MAC I am 41.   I couldn't wait 6 months so I tested as soon as my patience wore out.  I figured more data couldn't hurt.  Red blood cells last about 4 months?  The test I took required a blood sample.

I take 6mg of Rapamycin once a week.  No side effects.  I think it works.  I took some weeks off because I got my covid shot. 

Like 1
    • MAC
    • MAC
    • 2 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Science dosen't bend to impatience...and more data is only good, if truly determinant. But awesome you are using epigenetics to track your changes!

• Jimmy2
    • Jimmy2
    • 2 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Just an update.  I took a test at 6 months after using Rejuvant.  I had no major reduction in epi age.  :-(

• Jimmy2 

• I believe my white hairs are now gray due to rejuvant.

I think that's a misguided belief.  FWIW I have been on AKG for over 10 months with a gap of about a month mid-course - there is no change in hair greying whatsoever.

• Jimmy2
    • Jimmy2
    • 2 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Sad Update 😫: 

Unfortunately, my last test has reveal my biological age has increased by 8 years using the Trume test and by 4 years using the mydnage test in a matter of 3 months.  Most likely it could be me using fucoiden for one month, which I have stopped.  Hoping it will significantly reverse again in 3 months.

Like 1
    • Jimmy2 I had a similar test result from mydnage. I was on gdf11, rapamycin for 9 months and AKG for a month and they said my dna age went up 3 years in a period of 9 months. I found that shocking and difficult to believe, but now after reading your similar result, I am wondering if it is the fault of mydnage testing methods.

• Jimmy2
      • Jimmy2
      • 2 yrs ago
      • Reported - view

Fred Cloud Both mydnage and TruMe went up.  The margin of error is roughly +-5 years.  But since both went up I would think that would be a significant signal.  In the past it didn’t change as much.

• Hey Jimmy! Out of interest, what are your:

• Triglycerides / HDL
    • Ferritin

From previous blood tests.

Like 1
      • Jimmy2
      • Jimmy2
      • 2 yrs ago
      • Reported - view

rapa_experimenter 

Triglycerides: 79

HDL:  78

Ferritin: 115

Like 1
    • Jimmy2 Nice HDL !  How did you get it that high?

Regarding your ferritin, have you been donating blood to get it to that level?

Mine was 400 about 4 years ago before I started donating and bringing it down, now I keep it under 100 usually around 50-70

• Jimmy2
      • Jimmy2
      • 2 yrs ago
      • Reported - view

Fred Cloud 

For HDL and ferritin, eat less red meat.  I only donated blood once.  Now my ferritin is hovering around 100-120, which is ok.  HDL is great, I think.

Like1 Follow
  • 1 Likes
  • 2 yrs agoLast active
  • 12Replies
  • 429Views
  • 6 Following