Senolytics

I've just finished my third Senolytic cycle.

Fisetin 1500 mgs on 2 consecutihve days repeated one month later

Dasatinab 180 mgs on 2 consecutive days + Quercitn 2250 mgs on the same days

I also take 4 mgs of Rapamycin once a week and 500 mgs of MetforminER twice a day.

65 years young.

128replies Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
  • I’m currently starting my first Dasatinib (compounded generic formula) - 100mg + quecertin (1,000mg) In split doses for 3 days prescribed by Dr. Green. This is in addition to my weekly Rapa (6mg), candasartan (16mg daily), and tadalafil (5mg daily). Dr. Green is following a similar regimen. He only prescribed me one course of treatment and wants to see labs 2 weeks post treatment. He feels this senolytics treatment is complementary to  my other meds. This is somewhat consistent with Mikhail Blagoskonny’s research although he has recently posted on twitter that the senolytics research is much weaker. Dr. Green’s formulation of D+Q for 3 days is similar to a recent human study that showed some positive results for a small study. After day 1 I haven’t really had any side effects except for a slight headache towards the end of day 1. 

Like 2
      • Michael
      • Michael.1
      • 3 yrs ago
      • Reported - view

John Mcgough Yes, Sir

Like 1
    • Michael you asked me about HGH but before I answer let me mention that I saw your problem with Dr. Green and I can tell you I love my doctor in Las Vegas Dr. Garcia. (702) 870-0058. 
      he is knowledgeable,  very good with regenerative medicine including stem cells and peptides and bio denticle hormones.

in regard to HGH I have been taking it and bio identical hormones for 14 years. Because I’ve started rapamycin  and I don’t want HGH to interfere with that I now do not take it daily but a weekly dose, five days after my 7 mg rapamycin dose.

I can’t tell you that I’ve ever noticed any improvement from taking all of the above as I didn’t have any severe problems when I started and I am extremely health-conscious having had terminal cancer when I was 30 years old so I’ve always followed a strict healthy lifestyle After doing an extensive natural(Gerson) program to heal myself.

But no one I meet thinks  I am 71 years old given my athletic muscular body without  sagging skin which passes for 50 something. My endurance is great as I workout an hour to an hour and a half every day, doing weights, interval training on the bicycle daily, and tai chi. In addition to walking 3 miles.

so I can’t tell you this is a result of HGH as I  have no definitive proof.

But I’m not going to change my regiment and I personally believe everyone should be taking bio-I denticle hormones to maintain a middle of the range testing level. I’m surprised it’s  not discuss more on this website.

Like 1
      • Michael
      • Michael.1
      • 3 yrs ago
      • Reported - view

John Mcgough Thank you, John. Here's my thing. I've smoked for 35 years and my eye bags and face make me look like I'm a sith lord apprentice. I used to do competitive power lifting (over 350-375 pound benches x 12 - 15 at a body weight of 130 in my 20's) and run 8 miles a day 7 days a week WHILE SMOKING a pack and a half of cigs a day. I'm now 52. I don't want a blepharoplasty before exhausting all non surgical means.

A doc client/now friend of mine, uses hgh via scripts from another doc in CA and SWEARS by it for skin/face issues and cognition. Makes him "feel like he's in his 20's". That's what I want.  Not the body building component-The positive cognition and wrinkle effects.

After trying the David Sinclair method for a full year and getting nothing, I was about to try the Blagosklonny (Rapa) method but, time's a running out.

Thank you brother

Like 2
      • Michael
      • Michael.1
      • 3 yrs ago
      • Reported - view

John Mcgough The other issue specific to someone beginning the journey is doc mind set.  Some are onboard with anti aging and will do rapa and metformin (The doctor Greens of the world - god bless them) and the other camp (Adderall- hgh - hormone therapy).

To date, if I want to combine both worlds, I need: A. two different docs, B. two different sets of blood tests, C. two different monthly script refill fees going to the docs, D: Two different sets of scripts to pay for E: Quarterly / Annual Fees. 

What am I missing here? 

Like 1
    • Michael I think my doctor in Vegas Dr. Garcia would do all of those except I’m not sure about HGH. Most doctors are afraid of the FDA and getting in trouble for prescribing HGH without blood test showing efficiency levels. I  get my hgh without a prescription from another source.

good luck.

Like 2
    • Michael I would just source it from one of the several places everyone is getting it here and you can also make the face cream yourself very easily. I crushed up 3 tabs and put in a bottle of lotion, very easy. PM me if you want a source.

Like 2
      • yz
      • neon_ocean
      • 3 yrs ago
      • Reported - view

Mark Thimineur could you show us some before/after photos? Thanks!

Like 2
      • JOHN
      • JOHN.1
      • 3 yrs ago
      • Reported - view

Michael Hello Michael. I am a patient of Dr. Greens. My wife and I saw him July 3rd. He was fine. He's a brilliant guy. He has over 500 patients so it has to be confusing at times. Since seeing him I have emailed him asking for a couple other prescriptions and had a phone conversation with him. He sent the prescription in the mail like he said he would and he called me after emailing him with my test results on APOE4. Let me know if you notice any more concerns. I certainly hope he is ok.

Like 3
      • Michael
      • Michael.1
      • 3 yrs ago
      • Reported - view

JOHN Thank you, Bro. I'll probably fly in.

• JOHN
      • JOHN.1
      • 3 yrs ago
      • Reported - view

Michael Let me know how your visit goes when you get back. We flew in as well and I was very impressed with him. He spent about 5 hours with us. His office is his home and it's modest which to me is impressive.  It shows you where his intentions lie. He's an interesting man. 

Like 2
      • Michael
      • Michael.1
      • 3 yrs ago
      • Reported - view

JOHN Thank you!

Like 1
      • garland
      • garland
      • 3 yrs ago
      • Reported - view

Mark Thimineur Hello Mark...I have some questions but wanted to tell you that I have learned alot about your wonderful recommendations for topical treatment of Sirolimus after experimenting with them myself. I feel they work far better then anything out there however unlike you  I was not totally blown away with my success. Then after rereading your post I realized that you did this 2 times a day most of the time. So after trying that it seemed to make things happen a bit quicker. With this treatment you need to have lots patience as it takes time ... I have been doing this since April.. but my under eyes, neck and forehead is 70 to 75% better and most of the time I only did once a day. Now I am trying to 2 times a day for at least 3 or 4 a week. I did add a retinal product which seemed to help as well. I put it on every night after waiting for bit. I did not try your product Adapolene as I called the company and they did not think that it worked at all for getting rid or wrinkles. However it is supposed to be much stronger then regular retinal products so maybe it would work the same way only better? .SO I HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT THE RETINAL PRODUCT AND IF COULD CLARIFY THIS THAT WOULD BE AWESOME! Also my creepy skin is maybe 25% better on my arms which is huge as I never thought it would work there. Hopefully it continues to improve. ALSO I HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT APPLYING THE SIRULIMUS? I notice that that if I apply it on my skin while it is still wet if seems to go on smoother and lighter then if I put it on dry skin? MIGHT THAT ACCOUNT FOR MY RESULTS NOT BEING AS EARTH SHATTERING AS YOURS? I am wondering if I apply it in greater amounts than maybe it would be significantly above the threshold for optimal results. If you add too much Sirolimus then the results would be nulified.... What do you think about that. Wishing you well and thanks a bunch for sharing your experience with topical Sirolimus ...it is a huge gift you have shared with us!!!! 

Like 1
    • garland Application frequency of topical sirolimus for skin aging is not established. Twice daily seems like it may allow a faster response than once daily, but who knows for sure. Applying more topical (versus less) may also lead to faster results. So to, maybe concentrating it more than my chosen 25 micromolar may be better, or worse - we don't know. The Drexel study used 10 micromolar applied once every other day and the results seemed impressive as seen on the biopsy histology. Most impressive was the elimination of all senescent cells after 8 months. As far as retinoids - they are well established to improve photo-aging (wrinkles, discoloration etc). Adapalene .3% is as effective as tretinoin .05% and a heck of a lot less irritating. The 0.1% has been studied as well and shown about as good an effect as 0.3% - and it is OTC (buy it on Amazon). Topical sirolimus and topical adapalene (or other retinoids) work by different mechanisms and thus should complement each other. I've noticed that patients who use both topical sirolimus and adapalene seem to have a better overall affect than just using one type.

Like 2
      • garland
      • garland
      • 3 yrs ago
      • Reported - view

Mark Thimineur Yes I think that 2 times daily seems better ... and mixing it with Retinal seems to make it better as well. I did 3 months with doing it once a day and  no retinal and I still got good results.  I will get the Adapalene... I have a doctor who could probably get me the .3 % if you feel is even better? Thanks so much for clarifying everything. I look at your interaction with me as way for others to follow along and they can be helped as well. And if you ever open up to seeing anti-aging clients please let me know as I would love to work with you. You are a good man and I appreciate your heart because you have helped alot of us in different ways! 

Like 1
      • garland
      • garland
      • 3 yrs ago
      • Reported - view

Mark Thimineur Hello again... I found some research that shows that .3 Adapalene is more effective than .1. However it was looking at Acne so not sure if that relates to Wrinkles but I think it applies to repair of skin so most likely it is more effective. Anyway I will try the .3 if I can get it or else use the .1.... Take care

Like 1
  • just finished second dosage of dasatinab and quercetin. First time had a slight headache and hours of diarrhea. Had taken on an empty stomach which I've learned is not good for anything I take.  This time no issues at all

Like 5
      • Michael
      • Michael.1
      • 3 yrs ago
      • Reported - view

Paul Beauchemin The ONE TIME I tried quercetin I felt like I had to pee for hours but couldn't. I have a full bottle if you'd like me to mail it to you! lol

Like 1
    • BobM
    • BobM
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Question for group: can any of these products help boost immune system for protection against coronavirus? 
    Rapamycin? 
    Dosing for this ?

My wife and I will be traveling to Hawaii and worry a bit about all the exposure. 

Like 1
      • Karl
      • Karl.1
      • 4 yrs ago
      • Reported - view

BobM you’re considering taking an immune suppressing drug when you’re worried about exposure to an infection?

Like 1
    • BobM low doses (.05-.08mg/kg) once weekly will enhance immune response but offers no protection against corona virus infection

Like 2
      • BobM
      • BobM
      • 4 yrs ago
      • Reported - view

Mark Thimineur 

Hi Mark, thank you for the thoughtful reply. 

I guess we will just take masks along in case we get around suspicious people or situations. 

cheers

bob

Like 1
    • Mark Thimineur  Blagosklonny wrote in a paper that Rapamycin also inhibits viral replication [18,19]. As a noteworthy example, rapamycin inhibits replication of the 1918 flu virus (the deadliest flu virus in history) by 100-fold [19], and also protects against lethal infection with influenza virus when administered during vaccination [13].

Since coronavirus is a virus, at least hypothetically, it would seem Rapamycin might give some protection or slow down viral replication.  Might be off base and connecting dots that aren't there 

Like 3
      • BobM
      • BobM
      • 4 yrs ago
      • Reported - view

Edward Meininger 

Good post.

I’m interested in all the opinions here. Is our dosing possibly helpful? 
      Thanks!

Like 1
  • Here is another Doctor Who prescribes rapamycin in Las Vegas.

I thought I would provide the name of my Doctor who does prescribes rapamycin but his practice  is different from Dr. Green in New York. 

I have found him to be veryknowledgeable and extremely helpful as he is versed and prescribes bio-identical  hormones, PRP, peptides and other healing modalities. See below. 

Julio L Garcia, M.D. 

Regenerative Medicine Institute of Nevada
    dedicated to helping patients with mesenchymal stem cell/ cytokine/ growth factor therapies and peptides for the treatment of acute and chronic medical issues
    www.rminlasvegas.com
    (855) 786-2356 toll-free  

(702)838-0571 local 

Like 1
    • Dan Nave
    • Dan_Nave
    • 3 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

A new wide spectrum senolytic SSK1 in development.  They imply that it works on all senescent cell types and works better than Dasatinib, Fisetin, and Quercetin.

https://www.nature.c...1422-020-0314-9

In this study, we designed a new prodrug based on the major senescence marker — the elevated β-gal — to selectively target senescent cells. This prodrug, SSK1, specifically killed both human and mouse senescent cells independent of senescent cell types and inducers. In a mouse lung injury model, SSK1 cleared stress-induced senescent cells in vivo and alleviated associated symptoms. Importantly, SSK1 also effectively reduced naturally occurring senescent cells in aged mice, decreased the senescence- and age-associated gene signatures, down-regulated SASP both locally and systemically, and restored physical functions. These results demonstrated the robustness and specificity of our prodrug in reducing senescent cells.

We successfully developed a new prodrug strategy that directed gemcitabine to kill senescent cells in a highly selective manner. The foundation of our prodrug strategy was to select a highly specific senescence marker and identify an appropriate potent drug to efficiently kill senescent cells. First, the elevated enzymatic activity of β-gal, a universal senescence biomarker both in vitro and in vivo,18,52 was utilized to direct the prodrug to specifically target senescent cells. Second, through the screening of hundreds of FDA-approved drugs, we found gemcitabine to be one of the most potent agents in killing non-dividing senescent cells (Fig. 1a; Supplementary information, Fig. S1b, c, and Table S1). In addition, gemcitabine is a widely used FDA-approved drug with proven safety and short plasma circulation time.25,26 Our designed prodrug SSK1 is activated to release gemcitabine selectively in senescent cells (Fig. 1c), following which senescent cells were effectively eliminated (Fig. 1d). Our further study showed that gemcitabine activates p38 to induce apoptosis in non-dividing senescent cell (Supplementary information, Fig. S2a, b). As a nucleoside analog, gemcitabine could kill senescent cells through inducing mitochondrial DNA damage (Supplementary information, Fig. S2d), similar to a reported nucleoside analog, Ganciclovir.33 These results demonstrated that prodrug SSK1 is superior to current reported senolytics in terms of design strategy and specificity.

Cellular senescence is a highly heterogeneous process due to the different cell origins and stimuli,6,53 whereas the key feature of SSK1 is the ability to efficiently clear senescent cells with a broad spectrum of cell types and senescence inducers, including replication, irradiation, oncogene and genotoxic stress (Fig. 2a, c). In this study, we compared SSK1 with other reported senolytics on HEFs, human preadipocytes and HUVECs, which were used to test senolytics. ABT263 (a classical anti-apoptosis BCL-2 inhibitor) eliminated senescent HEFs and HUVECs, but showed little effect on human preadipocytes (Supplementary information, Fig. S3b, f, j), which was also reported by other previous studies.12,13 The combination of dasatinib (a pan-tyrosine kinase inhibitor) and quercetin (a plant flavonoid) killed all three types of senescent cells in a dose-dependent manner (Supplementary information, Fig. S3c, g, k), but had a high toxic effect on non-senescent cells in consistence with others’ results.11,16,36 Another natural flavonoid fisetin, reported as a potential senotherapeutic agent,15 showed modest effect on eliminating senescent HEFs and preadipocytes even at higher concentrations (Supplementary information, Fig. S3d, h) which was comparable to other’s results.54 Most importantly, SSK1 could overcome these limitations, including cell-type dependency, high toxicity on non-senescent cells, and low efficiency on senescent cells (Supplementary information, Fig. S3a, e, i). Therefore, SSK1 possessed a better senolytic activity regarding of specificity and efficiency on a wider range of cell types, demonstrating the superiority of β-gal-based prodrug strategy to target senescence.

Moreover, we found SSK1 exerted its elimination effect on senescent cells in vivo. SSK1 eliminated stress-induced senescent cells effectively and decreased different senescence markers in bleomycin-induced lung injury model, highlighting its effectiveness in vivo (Fig. 3). SSK1 treatment also relieved lung fibrosis (Fig. 3d; Supplementary information, Fig. S4c, d) and attenuated the impaired physical function as tested by treadmill assay (Supplementary information, Fig. S4f). In this study, we also treated naturally aged mice with SSK1 and tested its effects on senescent cells, chronic inflammation and physical function. First, SSK1 could remove senescent cells in multiple tissues and decrease the senescence-associated signatures as shown by the GSEA analysis (Fig. 4b–g). Second, SSK1 could decrease the expression of SASP-associated genes in aged livers and kidneys and reduce chronic low-grade inflammation in the blood (Fig. 5a, b, e–h). Third, SSK1 ameliorated the impaired motor function, balance, exhausted exercise, muscle strength, and spontaneous exploration in aged mice (Fig. 6a–e). Most importantly, the performance of rotarod and beam balance in the SSK1-treated group was improved compared with that in the initial pretreatment condition (Supplementary information, Fig. S8e, f). Collectively, our prodrug SSK1 targeting β-gal-positive cells exerted very significant biological effects in naturally aged mice.

While SA-β-gal is widely used as a marker of cellular senescence,20,21,22 its elevated activity can be found in some other cells such as activated macrophages.48,55 These SA-β-gal-positive macrophages can be harmful and have been found to accumulate in injured and aged tissues contributing to chronic inflammation.44,45 Importantly, we have shown that SSK1 decreases the number of SA-β-gal-positive macrophages in injured lungs and aged livers (Supplementary information, Fig. S6g–j), which is consistent with our observation of reduced secretion of chronic inflammation-related cytokines. Therefore, eliminating macrophage accumulation by SSK1 might reduce chronic inflammation and benefit aged organisms. In addition, activated macrophages play crucial roles in acute inflammation and cytokine storm,56 especially those induced by virus infection. During virus-induced acute inflammation, macrophages produce pro-inflammatory factors and trigger initiation of cytokine storms.57 For instance, the depletion of macrophages could protect mice from coronavirus-induced lethal infection.58 Accordingly, activated macrophages could be potential targets for treating acute inflammation and cytokine storms via SSK1. The future potential for SSK1 in treatment of acute inflammation, injury, and age-induced chronic inflammation is promising.

An understanding of the toxicological effects of SSK1 in vivo is critical to clinical applications. Importantly, our data showed that high concentration (100 mg/kg) and high frequency SSK1 treatment had no apparent systemic toxicities (Supplementary information, Fig. S9). This provides strong evidence for the in vivo safety of SSK1. This safety profile is further supported by comparison to gemcitabine, an SSK1 effector and approved clinical drug. First, our effective in vivo dosage of SSK1 was approximately 60-fold lower than the clinical dosage of gemcitabine (30 mg/kg) and implies a greatly reduced risk of in vivo toxicity of SSK1.24 Second, gemcitabine is a nucleoside analog that potently affects rapidly dividing cells and the off-target effects of gemcitabine could be shown in different proliferating cell types.59,60 SSK1, however, targets only β-gal-positive cells. Notably, in addition to macrophages, we found that the majority of non-senescent β-gal-positive cells are rapidly dividing epithelial cells (Supplementary information, Fig. S10a, b). As a result, the potential types of proliferating cells with SSK1 sensitivity are greatly narrowed relative to gemcitabine. Even though small numbers of β-gal-positive epithelial cells are targeted by SSK1 treatment, these cells have robust self-renewal ability.61 Consistent with this self-renewal property, we found that epithelial tubular cells in the kidney with elevated β-gal activity had a high percentage of Ki67-positive cells (Supplementary information, Fig. S10c). Following SSK1 treatment, we observed only a few cells of this tubular cell population undergoing apoptosis (Supplementary information, Fig. S10d), and such low-level impairment could be easily repaired by the rapid self-renewal of tubular cells during SSK1 treatment. Moreover, the short duration of SSK1 treatment might avoid significant impairment in related tissues and further minimize its side effects. In summary, our study demonstrates the superiority and safety of this prodrug strategy by targeting β-gal to selectively remove senescent cells of multiple cell types. These findings open a new avenue for the treatment of age-associated diseases and provide a clinical opportunity for intervention into the aging process.

Like 2
Like8 Follow
  • 8 Likes
  • 2 yrs agoLast active
  • 128Replies
  • 4208Views
  • 27 Following