New guy here.

So I looked over these ideas on the website when I signed up and none of them look to me very promising. There seems to be a difference to me between slowing or stopping aging vs. putting an end to death.

I am Interested in investment in some company trying to cloning organs to make exact replacements of our own. What is a good company?

Second, investing in some sort of bio/brain interface that downloads my consciousness to a disk and can be reloaded into a new cloned body. Is anything out there for real (it is hard to know the difference on-line between actual companies doing this vs sci-fi dreaming).

Also has anyone any experience dealing with the Cryonics Institute or any similar company?

3replies Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
  • Growing cloned organs is not a thing as far as I know, but 3D bioprinting of replacement organs is an area of active research in both academic labs and biotech companies. The big problem right now is that it's hard to 3D "print" the very small microvasculature (the tiny capillaries that make sure blood gets to all the parts of the tissue). 2 early-stage biotech companies working in this space that I've heard are specifically focused on this particular problem are Prellis Biologics (prellisbio.com) and Volumetric (volumetricbio.com).

Karl

• HRS -- slow aging enough, and you effectively slow it to zero.  Naked mole rats have extremely long lifespans because their rate of aging is effectively almost zero.

There are a ton of interventions and supplements that have been shown to dramatically impact the lifespans of test animals.  For example, carbon 60 molecules extended the lifespan of rats by 90%.  The only reason we can't prove any of this works in humans yet is because we live so much longer and experiments are a lot harder to do.

Re: downloading consciousness: no.  Nothing even remotely close to that exists yet.  It's pure fantasy at this point.

• I read on betterAging about the group of researchers from Tel Aviv University who managed to create a functional, 3D printed heart with all of the necessary components including chambers, vessels and so on. I think this is the most promising we've got so for as far as cloning organs (of what I know, of course)

Like Follow
  • 4 yrs agoLast active
  • 3Replies
  • 113Views
  • 4 Following