Kaufmannprotocol

Anybody following Dr. Sandra Kaufmann's protocol?

I would like to hear about your experience.

Thanks

125replies Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
  • Dr. Kaufmann graciously agreed to join our advisory board at QALYTUDE. And we are really excited about an opportunity to make the prescription components of Kaufmann Protocol available to KP followers on QALYTUDE.com

Like 4
    • Kelly Parmenter-Eck Hi it is available our service is functional. Please check out qalytude.com

Like 2
  • Just wondering how much, and when people doing the Panacea program from the Kaufmann protocol should take metformin, rapamycin and NAD patches, since they are not on the protocol. Can one stop NAD+ or NMN supplements using the patches?

Like 1
    • Edward Sutherland Thanks for asking! In addition to the Panacea, Metformin can be started any time. I was hesitant to tell folks to take it, as it was hard to get from most primary care physicians. That is now a non-issue with the help of Qalytude. The NAD patch can replace the NR or NMN; it doesn't really matter how one elects to replenish their NAD.  In terms of Rapamycin, I'm not a big fan. I believe there are some questionable side effects, so I am hesitant to recommend that for anyone. (you will hear many conflicting reports and opinions on this!) 

Hope this helps-

Like 2
    • Dennis
    • Retired USAF pilot, biochemist.
    • Dennis
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

I've been on much of the Kurzweil/Kauffman/Sinclair/Gundry Protocols for a few years (less for Kauffman/Sinclair) and at age 76 I finally got some Sept. lab work plugged into the Levine spreadsheet the other day and got a Phenotypic age of 69 so not nearly as good as Dan or Mike Lustgarten but I've had AFib for 40 yrs. and more years of bad habits (heart failure for ten) so hoping I can slow aging a bunch this next year and more the following and I'll be a very happy guy! On Metformin (2g/d) for a year and Rapamycin for 7-8 months and fisetin etc.

Like 1
  • I think you would benefit from a stronger senolytic therapy program- If you look on my website KaufmannProtocol.com under "About" and then "advance information", there is a paper on Senescence and senolytic therapy you might enjoy.

Like 2
      • Roger
      • Roger.1
      • 4 yrs ago
      • Reported - view

sandra kaufmann sandra kaufmann 

Hi,

I'm going to start with the Kaufmann protocol, and have some questions regarding the supplements. I'm going to start of with Dr. Kaufmann's most recommended;

The most effective:
      Pterostilbene
      Astaxanthin
      Nicotinamide Riboside
      Curcumin
      Carnosine

My question about these is;

When du you recommend taking these during the day?
      On a empty og full stomache?
      Pre or post workouts?

Do you have other supplements recommended?

Som added information, i'm 28 years old, very active in regards to workouts, eat quite healthy, no record of sickness, might have some inflammation and irritable gut.

Like 1
    • Roger Did you email me separately? This sounds really familiar! If not, I'm happy to answer here.

• Roger
      • Roger.1
      • 4 yrs ago
      • Reported - view

sandra kaufmann hi,

Yeah, tnx for the reply.

• David H
    • David_Hanson
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

I purchased the use of Dr. Kaufmann's My Protocol app recently with a six month payment.  I entered my information and it gave me a suggested protocol which I plan to implement.  What do I do for my wife?  I don't see a way to obtain a suggested protocol for a second family member.   Her health is much worse than mine - 67 year old with severe osteoporosis with her back falling apart with multiple compression fractures, one by one every few months.  She is taking many bone building supplements like BioSil, Ostera, Vit D3, K2, Strontium Citrate, Magnesium, etc but these aren't sufficient if she doesn't have enough osteoblasts working to build new bone that the osteoclasts are tearing down. 

Like 2
    • David Hanson 

Actually you can use the App for as many persons as you like to get the recommended protocol. But only for one person if you want to follow up with the progress.

So the following steps will enable you to get the suggested molecular agents for your wife, take a snapshot to keep then go back to yours:

On the main page (where the dashboard is)  choose Regimen (top page right).

Choose the commitment level you like (I would go for 150 points).

Scroll the page all the way down to Edit Regimen and click.

On that new page scroll down to Create Custom Regimen.

Enter your wife's health information in the questionnaire.

Proceed with the recommended Regimen.

Take a snapshot or print.

Go back to doing it all again for your own Regimen and keep it there to measure your own progress.

I hope it helps and good luck for both.

Like 1
      • David H
      • David_Hanson
      • 4 yrs ago
      • Reported - view

Jennifer Klein Thank you, for the information.

• David Hanson The only other thing to do for someone with severe osteopenia is to select an osteoblastic activator or two. Naringenin is probably the best known with the fewest side effects. 

• David H
      • David_Hanson
      • 4 yrs ago
      • Reported - view

sandra kaufmann I found gu sui bu in a Traditional Chinese Medicine shop in Kuala Lumpur a week after your reply. We also mix astragalus root (huang qu) and Japanese knotweed root (he shou wu) with it. And then cook all three in pot for decoction. We can’t find powders or extracts here, just the whole herb.

Like 1
    • David Hanson That is truly fantastic! I think the Chinese have a bit of an advantage in all of this with their long history of medicine and longevity!

• David H
    • David_Hanson
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

My Kaufmann protocol according to the Kaufmann protocol IOS app.  My wife and I are in Thailand and Malaysia for a few more months so I can't buy most of these until we return to the USA.  I did start taking Metformin (over the counter here in Bangkok) and Astaxanthin.  The rest I have not found.

Like 1
    • David Hanson said:
      My wife and I are in Thailand and Malaysia for a few more months so I can't buy most of these until we return to the USA. 

David Hanson -

I'm Bangkok.  Perhaps I can offer some suggestions.  I'll make these general to benefit anyone in this corner of the world.  If you want to discuss details, we can use private messages or talk by phone.

1. Amazon and iHerb deliver quickly.  Pay a little more for extra-fast shipping. 5-10 days.  But be careful of customs: anything over US$ 40.00 will be subject to duty and maybe to government inspection -- an aggravating waste of time.  Try to keep import orders under US$ 40.00 value per shipment.

2. A website in Thailand -- Lazada.com -- will have some popular USA brands like NOW, Kirkland, and Doctor's Best in stock here in Thailand. Delivery 2-3 days. If you are near the dealer, delivery in 1-2 hours. Thais are slow on many things, but on deliveries they can be very fast.

3. A few chemical companies here may have some Kaufmann protocol items.  If they do, then over-the-counter -- easy.  But they won't understand your English.  Best to show them a screen printout with names and chemical formulas of what you want.

4. For buying items like these, pharmacies here are a waste of time.  And if they don't have what you want, they will try to sell you what they do have.  And they will lie about what is in it.  Best to avoid pharmacies.

Questions welcome.

Like 2
      • David H
      • David_Hanson
      • 4 yrs ago
      • Reported - view

Mike Almerjanski 

• David Hanson said:
    ... my wife  ... 67 year old with severe osteoporosis with her back falling apart

As long as you are in Thailand now, have you considered Thai massage to help with that?

I'm 76, get Thai massage 2-3 times per week.  Zero osteoporosis or any back problems.

This thread is Kaufmann protocol, and I like to stay on topic.  So to discuss details, you are welcome to contact me privately.  Or start a separate thread on possible age-reversing benefits of therapeutic massage.

• Roger
    • Roger.1
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Hi, sandra kaufmann

I'm going to start with the Kaufmann protocol, and have some questions regarding the supplements. I'm going to start of with Dr. Kaufmann's most recommended;

The most effective:
    Pterostilbene
    Astaxanthin
    Nicotinamide Riboside
    Curcumin
    Carnosine

My question about these is;

When du you recommend taking these during the day?
    On a empty og full stomache?
    Pre or post workouts?

Do you have other supplements recommended?

Som added information, i'm 28 years old, very active in regards to workouts, eat quite healthy, no record of sickness, might have some inflammation and irritable gut.

Please adivise other folks that have good tips for me regarding longevity and energy

• David H
      • David_Hanson
      • 4 yrs ago
      • Reported - view

Roger You might want to look at Dr. Kaufmann's Kaufmann Protocol website. She lists which ones should be taken with food and which ones should be taken with an empty stomach. I assume for the rest it doesn't matter. She also gives suggested dosing. If you pay the fees (monthly, semi-annual or annual) for her phone app, the app will make specific recommendations which would fit you better (you answer some questions in the app). For dosing website see: https://www.kaufmannprotocol.com/dosage

Like 1
      • Roger
      • Roger.1
      • 4 yrs ago
      • Reported - view

David Hanson thanks for the update. I might thought pre/post workout dosing had an influnce, will look more in to it.

• David H  Surely one does not take ALL of those compounds on Kaufmann's website?   I admit I'm coming here from the RAAD event last week so am years behind you guys.  Probably would benefit from a "start here" for anti aging nutricals in the genra of spermidine/fisetine et al..   :)  tnx to all.

• David H
      • David_Hanson
      • 3 yrs ago
      • Reported - view

Curtis Smith No, you needn't take all of the supplements on Dr. Kaufmann's list.  It probably would be best to buy or borrow her book so you could understand her protocol.  However, you can get part way there by using her website:

1. Read https://www.kaufmannprotocol.com/fundamentals

2. Read https://www.kaufmannprotocol.com/the-kaufmann-rating-system

3. Read https://www.kaufmannprotocol.com/choosingyour-protocol

4. Read https://www.kaufmannprotocol.com/doses-links-2

5. https://www.kaufmannprotocol.com/doses-links-2

If you read these then you will have a basic understanding of her protocol.  If you read the book, you will understand much more including more information the actions of the recommended supplements.

I take maybe 2/3 of her recommended supplements.  You could cover her aging tenets with less. 

Also, consider watching this video and you can listen to her describing her protocol. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJEheDeR8IQ

Like 1
    • David H
    • David_Hanson
    • 3 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

sandra kaufmann I think you should consider adding spermidine supplement to your list.  Spermidine induces autophagy, suppresses tumors, modulates immune system, protects from cardiovascular diseases, protects brain from brain diseases, and improves stem cell function. It has been proven to lengthen the lives of mice,  One of the foods that contains spermidine, a polyamine, is natto.  Spermidine can be bought as a supplement.  I have found two USA supplement vendors that sell it.  A review summary  that I am current reading is titled "Spermidine in Health and Disease", DOI: 10.1126/science.aan2788.

• David H 

I am actually working on a list of agents for book 2. Spermidine is on the list- let me know if there are any other agents you want examined!

Like 2
Like8 Follow
  • 8 Likes
  • 2 yrs agoLast active
  • 125Replies
  • 2580Views
  • 28 Following