Tips on age reversal clinics and facilities to visit in Asia, Middle East, Europe

Just posted this to Facebook, but thought I'd put it here, as well:

Friends,

I'd love tips on researchers/clinics/facilities in the age-reversal realm I might want to visit on my upcoming round-the-word trip.

Two separate things I'm looking for:
- (As always.) Someone doing research that could lead to treatments for aging in the very near future (ideally within one to two or maybe three years).
- Production facilities, and (a touch less important) clinics involved with biologics such as birth-associated tissue–derived MSCs or other afterbirth-related treatments are a particular focus of this trip.

I'll be traveling west from Los Angeles [1] around November 12. Have to bypass Japan and Korea and head straight to Kuala Lumpur, then I'll head to Singapore. That much I know. The rest of the trip is still a bit up in the air but I'll likely be stopping in, or easily could stop in:

Hong Kong
Mumbai
New Delhi
Dubai
Tel Aviv

Then I'll be in Valencia for the stem cell conference December 3-4 [2]. Then probably the UK. Other European locations would be easy. Then Iceland, Boston, and back home in Boca.

Thanks!
Brian

[1] http://gero.usc.edu/…/1st-international-conference-on-fast…/

[2] https://advanced-stemcells.euroscicon.com/program-schedule

4replies Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
    • Danmoderator
    • skipping my funeral
    • dantheman
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Round the world trip, yikes. I did one of those once, went to Asia for a week, then on to Europe chasing the sun. I landed in Frankfurt and the room started spinning. So make sure you don't go round too fast 🙂

Otherwise no special suggestions about age reversal places to visit. Enjoy it Brian!

• Dan, thanks. I will definitely not go too fast! I got a lot of tips (sent privately); hence, many places to slow down for along the way.

• I live in Bangkok, Thailand.  Lots of aging-related clinics here.  A surprising number.  Are any of them any good?  I wish I knew, but if I were doing a world-wide survey, I'd certainly take a look at what was on offer in Thailand.

• Age-reversal per se I know nothing about. But as a resident in a country where marketplace medicine is illegal I get a lot of my medical abd healthcare overseas because I travel. Here are my conclusions based on experience...

INDIA: Best value in the world?  English-speaking MDs in a competitive arena.

Great for all services. I had a sleep study done here with no wait and at a cheap price. My specialust gave me his private telephone number. Makes Canadian medical care (except for emergency, triaged, life-threatening care, which is essentially free in Canada, look like shite). India copyrights the procedure not the chemistry so drugs are a fraction of the cost. However vitamins and minerals are much cheaper in Australia and USA. Most blood tests dirt cheap. I can give you the name if a DNA testing company that isn't under the FDA testrictions of contact that 23andme is.

VIETNAM

Language issues including written reports if at a gov't hospital. Hanoi Heart Hospital excellent, several private hospitals in HCMC also very good.

However, some products that are manufactured in Europe where non-Indian companies have not started reverse-enginerring it, are *more* expensive in India: examples - CPAP machines and hearing aides.

MALAYSIA

Better value than Thailand. However I avoid any Malay doctor because the Islamic gov't applies a stricter academic standard to non 'bhumi-putras'. Some excellent private hospitals in KL area and Penang. Avoid gov't hospitals though.

Where is not good value for medical testing and services?

1. Philippines: doctors and drugs

2. Cambodia: get sick, you die.

3. Nepal: Get sick, you die.

4. Bangladeshprivate hospital in Dhaka seemed good.

5. Cuba: poor quality. I went to three pharmacies in 1997 to buy OTC analgesics and antiseptic soap and none in stock. Fancy clinics for foreigners and Cuban governmemt sends its best doctors to Mexico etc. Doctors are motivated to do procedures on weekends in black market due to crappy salaries.

Like Follow
  • 4 yrs agoLast active
  • 4Replies
  • 143Views
  • 5 Following