Fisetin Dosage Calculations

Hi everyone! I'm new to this forum, but I've been observing from the sidelines and learning a lot from your posts, so thank you! I found this forum after becoming interested in fisetin as a senolytic, based on that great recent study involving mice. I saw that people on this forum are using 1,000+ mg daily dosages, based on the study saying the mice were fed at 500 mg/kg for the study. I read more closely this time, and noticed it actually says the following-

"Ercc1−/∆;p16Ink4a-luciferase mice were fed a standard Teklad 2020 chow diet with or without supplementation with 500 ppm (500 mg/kg) of fisetin, ad libitum(approximately 60 mg/kg fisetin per day). The mice were exposed to a fisetin diet intermittently from 6 to 8 then 12–14 wks of age."

It looks like the 500 concentration is in the feed, but the mouse dose rate is actually 60 mg/kg. This is for the portion of the trial involving the genetically modified mice fed with fisetin for two weeks at 6-8 wks and 12-14 wks. The naturally aged mice that showed extended life span were dosed at 100 mg/kg. 

The conversions have been discussed on other posts, but here it is for me:

60 mg/kg * 3 / 37 = 4.86 mg/kg

So at 130 lb:

130 lb / 2.20462 = 59 kg

59 kg * 4.86 mg/kg = 287 mg dosage rate per day equivalent

Am I forgetting or missing anything? This is a much more reasonable amount to take on a daily basis than the high dosages (and cheaper). 

Also, I believe the older mice that showed increased lifespan were given 100 mg/kg every day until they died (85 wks old to 100-125 wks old). They note 85 wks is about 75 yo human age. For me, that would be 478 mg per day, every day until I die, but I'm 32, so I'm hopeful the intermittent approach is effective. I'm just in it in case this does have longer term benefits and also hopeful for short term youthfulness. 

1reply Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
  • That's about right. Normally you will do pretty well on conversions if you just imagine yourself eating mouse chow. If you were eating 3 Cal/g chow with 500 mg/kg fisetin, you'd have to eat about 1 kg chow a day, and you'd get 500 mg fisetin a day in that, and there you go.

Like Follow
  • 4 yrs agoLast active
  • 1Replies
  • 1073Views
  • 3 Following