Self testing regime.
Steve Perry has a great list of easy and cheap self administered biomarker assessments here. He believes that doing these things is meaningless unless you've got test results to back it up which I agree with. Additionally I'd suggest it just as a matter of course, already I've got a couple issues to look at based on this testing.
First is a question - can anybody think of any other measurements that are worth considering? I have waist circumference (once a week), heart rate., Respiratory Rate
Second is, for data collection if you are on Apple I'd suggest putting everything into iOS Health as an easy management system. If you do this then you want as many measurement devices which connect to your phone. In addition/instead of the ones Steve lists I'd add the following, all of which I use and can vouch for
- Glucose: Contour One
- BP: QuardioArm
- Weight, BMI etc: QuardioBase
- Heart: Apple Watch and QardioCore when it's available in the US (FDA ...)
I'd get all of Steves suggested other devices, which can be easily entered manually into iOS Health.
For reference here are the biometrics I'm measuring on a daily basis, along with the LE blood work panels, while I go through Bill's steps for age reversal.
Once a week
- Waist Circumference
- Hearing test
- 11 factor urine test
Daily, with apps that feed HealthKit directly
- Weight, Body Fat %, Muscle %, Water %, Bone %, Lean mass
- Body temp
- Respiratory Rate
- Heart Rate, resting rate, walking average, workout
- Forced Expiratory Volume
- Forced Vital Capacity
- Peak Expiratory Flow
- O2 Saturation
- EKG (pending, soon ...)
- Exact food intake (cronometer) with all micro/macro nutrients
Entered into a spread sheet manually
- Balance (close eyes, how many seconds can I stand before falling)
- Reaction time (mS)
- Grip strength (lbs)
Finally measures of mental state, since HRV is quite sensitive to them. I take a few notes on general measures (e.g. "slept well, feeling good"), but I also perform the following measurement.
- Mental focus EEG - save raw data from Muse EEG headset for 5 runs of the reaction time test (about a minute)
- Mental relaxation EEG - raw data from one minute of using the "Breath" app on Apple watch.
- Electrodermal activity (two sensor USB measuring device of skin electrical activity (conductivity) which is highly influenced by mood - this is used for lie detector tests and is purely a function of the autonomous nervous system)
- This data feeds into a spread sheet and am working on a equation to estimate focus and agitation.
Finally I take a closeup photo (ugh) every morning to measure hair and skin health over time.
This is all in addition to the continuous monitoring from the Apple Watch and Oura smart ring. Baseline blood work was the LE Male Elite panel (got it before the testing panel here was available - looking into making up the difference), and a DNA methylation test.
Anyhow will collate the data, hopefully factoring out cofactors such as mood/HRV/exercise degree. One difference is I'm doing hormone replacement, AMPK activation (metformin) and NAD treatment at the same time, along with Senolytic activator from LE. Ideally they would be done in stages but practically speaking it worked out this way, and since I'm not running a formal clinical study am not necessarily looking for seeing the effect of each individually. I'm really looking for measuring my bio age and whether I can reverse it. Since I expect many of these things to have subtle effects, piling them on together might magnify the biomarker/blood results, helping with an assurance that it really does work.
Finally, this may look annoying and crazy, but it only takes about 10 minutes first thing on waking, and is kind of a pleasant routine.Reply
Oh, as I delve into this antiaging lifestyle, it appears it is way over my heard dollar wise. It is important, but just out of my reach. All of this is just amazing information. I agree, the testing is important, it's just thousands way above my income. I will enjoy following these studies, posts and yes, Dan, your funeral will delayed for a long time. keep up the great work.Reply