Purpose and potential benefits of a EU meet up? And were would a meet up take place?
As I see it - some of us live in countries that are very conservative when it comes to rejuvenating interventions where no Dr or pharmacies will prescribe/sell dasatinib or metformin unless for the diseases they originally are aimed for. And those diseases has to be properly diagnosed.
Quite a few pharmacies in India don't want to send dasatinib to Sweden. They said it probably wouldn't go through custom clearance. That is a sad fact.
One way to make a meet up automatically meaningful is to host it in a country with a more progressive view of rejuvenation and age reversal. In real terms – the meet up will come with the option of having anti aging treatments like dasatinib+Q sessions and of course other treatments as well.
I'm Swedish (and American) so I have experienced the problem of getting age reversal treatments in Europe.
I will not have time to be involved in the organization of a European meeting but I think it's a great idea and would definitely want to attend.
Meanwhile, going to Undoing Aging (if it actually takes place) would also help. Perhaps there could even be a side-meeting of some kind.
Hello European members! This is a follow up sent to me by HEALES about a European Initiative that seems to be going strong. Best. Flavio Ferlitz
Attila Csordas 14 mai à 14 h 07
we have 302 votes, now and European Army is at 294 accelerating in the last couple of days, we can't lose the top position, please get us more endorsements, please, here's template I use usually
X, please endorse and share European Longevity Initiative's proposal at Conference on #FutureOfEurope website called Science-intensive healthy longevity technologies: development and access, this is a real life political test to show our commitment to healthy longevity cause/mission at EU level.Our proposal is already the top voted one in Health category!1. Voters need to register at https://futureu.europa.eu/
2. Once logged in, please go to https://futureu.europa.eu/processes/Health/f/3/proposals/826
3. Click ‘Endorse’
Science-intensive healthy longevity technologies: development and access
20/04/2021 23:27 56 commentaires
I represent the European Longevity Initiative, an advocacy group with members from 13+ EU countries, scientists, entrepreneurs, professionals from relevant categories.
We would like to propose effective legal, budgetary, regulatory and institutional commitments to enable science intensive healthy longevity research and technologies, large scale aging focused geroprotective clinical trials and equitable access to these technologies to increase healthy life expectancy in the European Union.
1. legal commitment: acknowledge the malleability of biological aging & the translational geroscience paradigm as the ultimate enabler of age-neutral human health in the EU’s legislative DNA. This specific EU legislation then can be used to justify the other 3 derivative commitments throughout.
2. budgetary commitment: A sizeable proportion of the EU R&D budget dedicated specifically for developing science intensive healthy longevity technologies.
3. regulatory commitment: Green light for Europe-wide aging focused geroprotective clinical trials by specific, enabling EMA regulation.
4. institutional commitment: setting up a coordinated European Institute for Healthy Longevity research in EU member states, backed by the previous 3 commitments.
On April 15, 2021 I have published an Opinion Piece and Detailed Commentary on the EU Green Paper on Ageing available at the website Longevity.Technology.