First! - My mother is on Niagen 250 mg per day

Hey pioneers!

Thought Id get the conversation going here as I believe NAD+ replenishment is such a no-brainer for anyone over 50. I have my mother taking 250mg of Nicotinamide Riboside per day and she has experienced some positive benefits including no longer needing glasses to complete her crosswords(!) Cannot say definitively it's attributable to Niagen supplementation but that's the only differential as she's not getting any CHRONOLOGICALLY younger...

It seems the NAD tranfusions have come down in price according the the site? Is the $1800 treatment with Canadian meds for a complete initial treatment?

I would be highly interested in flying her from Australia to USA to do this as it will lift her starting baseline. Thoughts?

7replies Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
    • Maximus Peto
    • Researcher, website & forum admin
    • Maximus
    • 6 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Hey bc18! Thanks for starting the conversation and sharing your story! 

That's fascinating that your mother is seeing improved vision. Terrific. 

We'd be happy to help you navigate to a US, NAD+ clinic. There is one in San Diego, the coordinator of which I know is very passionate about helping people get access to the infusions (he's had them done himself, being in his mid-40s). This is the clinic I'm familiar with: https://www.nadtreatmentcenter.com/

The price on which site ("according to the site") were you referring to? Is that our site (Rescue Elders), or an NAD+ clinic you were looking at? 

• PaulFC
      • PaulFC
      • 6 yrs ago
      • Reported - view

Maximus how about a clinic in the downstate New York area?

• Maximus Peto
      • Researcher, website & forum admin
      • Maximus
      • 6 yrs ago
      • Reported - view

PaulFC  Hi Paul. 

Unfortunately, we haven't heard of a clinic in downstate NY. 

Here is a listing of the emailed Rescue Elders members about some months ago: https://www.rescueelders.org/latest-update/

NAD Treatment Center
      4080 Centre St. #105
      San Diego, CA 92103
      844 623-7587

Healthpark Medical Center 

2500 N. Military Trail, Suite 310

Crystal Corporate Center

Boca Raton, FL 33431

Phone: 561-617-5630

Fax: 561-617-5729

2300 N. Commerce Pkwy., Suite 321
      Weston, FL 33326
      Toll Free: 888-368-6464
      Phone: 954-573-5464
      Fax: 954-217-3538

3363 NE 63rd Street
      Suite 809
      North Miami Beach, FL 33160
      Phone: 786-345-1516
      Fax: 786-999-0990

Age Management Center
      851 W Indiantown Rd.
      Jupiter, FL 33458
      Phone: (561) 331-6483
      http://agemanagementcenter.com/

• Maximus I am in the Chicago area. My pharmacy is backordered for about two weeks with IV NAD therapy at the time. I am happy to discuss treatment options with interested and suitable candidates. Dr Catherine Johnson, MD Precision Medical Care LLC www.myprecisionmedicalcare.com phone 312-343-4342

Like 1
    • Darren
    • Darren
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Hi bc18 I know this post if over 1 year old but thought I would chip in. 

NAD IV is now available in Australia by a number of clinics.

• Hi, bc18, from an Australian plastic surgeon. You don't need to fly your mum anywhere. Bio-availability of nicotinamide riboside is good, so just double her oral dosage to 500mg each morning. My partner and I have been on that dose for a year, since studies showed greater efficacy cf. 250mg daily.

• Medicines you will be transporting across the border should be heavily taxed, so I advise you to find out exactly how best to transfer medicines. And in general, from my personal experience, I advise you not to make any changes in the treatment of your mother without strict supervision of a doctor, since older people no longer react so well and quickly to such changes in the body. I know this because my mother had a psychosis when I changed the dosage of her drugs myself. After all, we were quarantined, and there was no need to call the doctor. You can read for yourself what psychosis is in the article about a psychotic break. So it's not that easy, do not forget that you are not a doctor

Like2 Follow
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 yrs agoLast active
  • 7Replies
  • 815Views
  • 9 Following