Best age reversal product

Hi everyone,

I am new to this forum and forgive me for being probably vague, but I find the lack of REAL informative content on the internet about this topic considerable so I thought the best thing to do would be to ask the community.

About myself: I generally take care of myself by working out eating healthy trying to limit stress and so on. I feel okay about myself and I wish to do so for as long as possible. I have a few questions and I am really interested in your opinion.

1.  What can a single individual do to help the cause apart from donating / investing in companies focusing on age reversal research?

2. What are the best active sites where a regular individual can be kept up to date about the latest news treatments and possibly supplements? I usually open check fightaging.org but that is a bit dry for me.

3. Is there a particular supplement currently on the market that could significantly help retain youthfulness biologically? (It is a little hard to search for something like this using a regular search engine due to the endless stream of anti-aging skin care products)

Thank you very much for you help and my apologies if I asked something stupid or posted in the wrong forum,

Peter

15replies Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
    • Dennis
    • Dennis.1
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

To reply to your questions ( all very fundamental questions that many people do not ask, so they are not stupid):

1. Wait and watch.

2. Don't know.

3.>>Is there a particular supplement currently on the market that could significantly help retain youthfulness biologically?<<

Many supplement manufacturer claim a lot of things. But it can be difficult to verify the claims at several levels, ranging from the authenticity of the claims, to, if the supplement truly improves health and or reverses/stalls aging ( like lengthening of telomeres ). Ideally verifying a claim will require one to physically observe another person who is taking the supplement or take the supplement oneself. Both options present their own problems unless the manufacturer is offering some money back guarantee. Anyway to cut my rant short, I'm aware of no such supplement .

Like 1
    • RobH
    • RobH
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

I don't think there is one supplement, diet, or practice that does what you want.  But there are many that provide part of what you want.  You'll have to digest a wide variety of information, and use the ones that ring true for you.

Several that ring true for me at age 74 are low fat vegan diet, nitric oxide support (Neo40, arginine, citrulline or similar action), vitamin C (3 grams liposomal per day, that much every 2 hours when challenged by sickness or pain such as dental work), vitamin D3 (10,000 IU D3 without blood tests, whatever is required to reach a blood level of 100 ng/ml with tests), zero calcium supplements, B12.  Avoid statin drugs and probably blood pressure drugs.

Don't fall for conventional medicine's claims that "proven" is better than "unproven".  "Proof" cost big bucks, while natural or off patent doesn't have anywhere near the "proof money".

• You should not use any anti-aging product without a prescription. This can be harmful to you. You should consult a local physician for the same. There is nothing that can stop the aging process, what we can do is slow down the aging process. To do the same, consult a local physician and get a personalized plan for you. 

As I am from Miami, I would recommend Dr. Elliot Dinetz, one of the best functional medicine doctor in Miami. I don't know your exact location, but you can find longevity medical health center near you to get a personalized plan.

• RobH
    • RobH
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

I'm afraid any search for a local longevity medical health center will come up empty for most people.  And for those that do exist, are they just high priced doctors specializing in diseases of the rich?

There is a grand total of one doctor (Dr. Green) who seems to know anything about rapamycin for age management.  Your local doctor is most likely not going to know anything about it, and refuse to provide a prescription for a disease that doesn't exist (aging).

Thus we have this group of people trying to work around a non-functional traditional medicine system.  Some of these treatments (they are not all drugs) have shown results that I'd like to have.  At 74, I'm not willing to wait 50 years for the doctors available to me to get a clue.  If I have to buy my antiaging products from India, Canada, or whereever, then so be it.  I prefer to buy from places that other people have had good experience with, rather than totally unknown sources.

Like 2
    • RobH 

Yes, I agree with you that these treatments may be costly, but what is any local doctor can provide plans for you for free or at small fees of some bucks? Isn't it better to have any medicine after gathering knowledge? Maybe you can find the best medicine for you and after that look nearby age prevention clinics to just make sure these drugs won't harm you.

• RobH said:
    I prefer to buy from places that other people have had good experience with, rather than totally unknown sources

this is also good to ask others before buying any medicine.

• Danmoderator
    • skipping my funeral
    • dantheman
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Péter Jaloveczki  There's no one supplement, but if I had to pick only one I'd choose ALA/ALC (Alpha-Lipoic-Acid and Acetyl-L-Carnetine). Of all the supplements I take it's the only one that has a noticeable effect in being more youthful. The science behind this is excellent and while you can't discount placebo I felt the on/off effect many times over the years as I went off for various circumstances. 

Here's Dr Bruce Ames talking about the discovery. Only odd thing about this one is that it seems to be little known in the aging community.

• Dan said:
    I'd choose ALA/ALC (Alpha-Lipoic-Acid and Acetyl-L-Carnetine). Of all the supplements I take it's the only one that has a noticeable effect in being more youthful.

Dan -

Thank you for mentioning those.  I'm taking both, but no noticeable effects yet.  Maybe my doses are too small? What doses do you take?

For ALA/ALC is it better to "trickle" throughout the day -- several small doses every few hours -- or more effective to "load up" with single, larger dose all at one time?

• Danmoderator
      • skipping my funeral
      • dantheman
      • 4 yrs ago
      • Reported - view

Mike Almerjanski LE recommends on an empty stomach and it seems to be more effective when I take it a half hour before breakfast. One effect is it makes your urine smell 'green', kind of like you ate a bunch of broccoli or something. For energy it's not like drinking caffeine or any other stimulant. It's not like an adrenaline high, and in fact it's not like the more natural boost you get from taking a bunch of COQ10. It's more like a general systemic, very natural rise in your 'ground plane' energy. Not huge but I'm fairly confident I feel it. Like it lowers your SNR or noise floor, if that makes any sense. For dosage Bruce says nobody knows but 600 mg total (300/300) is typical. LE unfortunately doesn't have a combo pill, I have to take three to get a dose, I think it actually adds up to 600mg for each ALA and ALC. I sent them a product request to do a 600 combo but they haven't done it. 

• empty stomach ... half hour before breakfast... like a general systemic, very natural rise in your 'ground plane' energy ... lowers your SNR or noise floor,

600 mg total (300/300) is typical. ...  it actually adds up to 600mg for each ALA and ALC.

That makes perfect sense to me.  Thank you again, Rob.

• RobH said:
    At 74, I'm not willing to wait 50 years for the doctors available to me to get a clue.  If I have to buy my antiaging products from India, Canada, or whereever, then so be it. 

At 75, I agree with @Robh about this.  And for products from foreign countries, if some turn out to be "placebos" or otherwise diluted, I'll take that chance and maybe waste a little money.  (Of course, I don't buy direct from China.)

• Danmoderator
    • skipping my funeral
    • dantheman
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view
    Péter Jaloveczki said:
    1.  What can a single individual do to help the cause apart from donating / investing in companies focusing on age reversal research?
    2. What are the best active sites where a regular individual can be kept up to date about the latest news treatments and possibly supplements? I usually open check fightaging.org but that is a bit dry for me.

Realized I didn't fully answer your questions ...

1. Donating time, in whatever way that means, is something you can do. This is a volunteer forum I'm donating my time to. We have various projects we'd like to do but limited time to do them, such as a WIKI. Money/investing is good as you mention. One way to do that is by buying from Life Extension for example, since Bill plows so much of the profits back into research. 

2. This is the best site I've found. Also the CoPL channel on YouTube. It's it's weird, but it's my kind of weird :)

3. I answered elsewhere. More fully it also depends on what age you are and your particular circumstances, and also what effect you are looking for. For me, HRT has the biggest effect on wellbeing, and for aging the data shows sarcopenia, bone loss, cancer and heart disease prevention. I mentioned supplements. For most powerful modality I'd say 4+ day water only fasting. See Voltor Longo for the powerful aging effects of this. Complementing that is food, I've done experiments on my self for decades (age 20-40) trying various diets and regimes and measuring the effects (bloodwork, exercise stamina, etc). The number one most powerful effect was simply what you eat. 

Like 1
    • Dan Thank you so much for the help, and great answers :)

Like 1
  • As for me, the best age-reversal products are workouts and healthy diets. Also, skincare is a must. Add cleanser and moisturizer to your daily routine.

Like1 Follow
  • 1 Likes
  • 10 mths agoLast active
  • 15Replies
  • 666Views
  • 8 Following