Where To Find Affordable But Quality Anti Aging LED Face Masks?

I've heard a lot about LED Face Masks from celebrity website etc... I'm looking to get into red light therapy for anti-wrinkle / anti-aging benefits. The masks can be pricey in a lot of places, or really cheap in a lot of places (don't trust them), so I'm looking for a middle ground. I'd also like to learn more about red light therapy and LED Face Masks in general. If anyone has any good resources or thoughts that would be great. 

14replies Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
    • Peter
    • Peter.1
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Hi Jennifer,

I actually use LED Face Masks and have used them for awhile (maybe a couple of years?). I found a good resource and a place that sells them which I bought my first one from. Since then I've referred my Mom to this site and I've bought a few gifts for people. What I like about this site is that it discusses the benefits of LED Masks and details most or all of the photon light variations you can get as options. Personally, I have the 7 LED Premium Plus Model. My Mom likes the mask with the neck piece.

https://ledfacemasks.com

and here is information on the red light you were talking about. There's also info on the actual product pages about the various colors etc...

https://ledfacemasks.com/blogs/news/using-red-light-therapy-for-wrinkles

I hope this helps!

Like 1
    • clara max
    • clara_max
    • 2 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Just arrived here, I know its a bit late to reply here, but I know my rep will help you and others, well I buy my led anti-aging face mask from Kaplan MD Skincare coupon codes, firstly I this site is so trustable, they always deliver best products, that's why I am suggesting you, they have many others led mask, if you want more options, once check on there.

• Michael
    • Michael.1
    • 2 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Get in touch with Rachel Varga. info@rachelvarga.ca. She's the beauty bomb.

• JGC
    • Retired Professor of Physics
    • JGC
    • 2 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

For me, LED Masks give off a faint odor of Snake Oil.  I am surprised that non-ionizing electromagnetic radiation at relatively low intensities would provide any beneficial effects to aging cells, other than supplying a certain amount of heat as the light is absorbed.  Are there any refereed publications that back up the claims of these LED Mask Suppliers?

Like 1
    • JGC At a glance it does seem hokey, but these wavelengths are in the light spectrum, not the electromagnetic radiation spectrum. The mitochondrial electron transport chain has been shown to be photosensitive to red and near-infrared light so that is probably how it is working. There is solid research on the infrared spectrum being therapeutic.

• JGC
      • JGC
      • 2 yrs ago
      • Reported - view

Fred Cloud 

Sorry, Fred.  I'm a retired Physics Professor.  Light IS electromagnetic radiation!

• JGC I thought you meant radio frequency radiation, if you meant light why didnt you just say light instead of being cryptic?  It is actually totally irrelevant to this discussion what we call it, you are wondering if infrared has efficacy or not, that was your question so it is strange that your response was to take issue with my words rather than the point of the conversation. You are retired from being a teacher, why dont you start acting like it? I am sorry I bothered to help you, maybe the reason no one else bothered to help you is your offensive demeanor.

Like 1
      • JGC
      • JGC
      • 2 yrs ago
      • Reported - view

Fred Cloud 

Sorry again.  I didn't mean to be offensive.  Do you have reference links indicating that anything but heating is going on when IR light interacts with cells?  (Incidentally, I used to have a scare headline from the University of Washington Daily pinned to my bulletin board that read:  "Seattle Streetlights May Emit Electromagnetic Radiation!").

Like 1
    • JGC It does look hokey but they have shown some interesting research, I will have to go back and google it some more because it has been years. I found this on pubmed, it wasnt what I was looking for but maybe can give you some reading in the meantime. Apparently the infrared light can directly influence the mitochondria, which is surprising https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2996814/

• JGC
      • JGC
      • 2 yrs ago
      • Reported - view

Fred Cloud 

Thanks for the reference.  It would appear from the paper that in redox situations where electron transfer is marginal, an infrared photon can supply enough energy to push the reaction to completion.  (But that isn't obviously relevant to the benefits of an LED face mask that bathes the face with various wavelengths of visible light and makes your wrinkles go away.)

I note that, as demonstrated by night-vision scopes, the human body is its own source of infrared photons due to finite-temperature black-body radiation.  The thermal light emitted by a human body with a temperature of 98.6 F is a broad distribution that peaks at 9,340 nm and has significant components at shorter wavelengths in the infrared.  Therefore, it's not surprising that a bit of IR can boost the reaction rate for mitochondria, since some IR is always there.

Like 1
    • JGC Interesting. I wonder if this is a case of something that has a small amount of science to it and companies have started to create all kinds of hairbrained devices trying to capitalize on it. So maybe it is part science, part snake oil?

• Michael
      • Michael.1
      • 2 yrs ago
      • Reported - view

JGC I tried that too. Nothing. Most positive feedback on these sorts of devices it seems, are from youtubers and the before and after evidence is virtually imperceptible.

• I used to avoid all possible pills, creams, and anti-aging devices, but then I realized how much my skin changed after using them. I didn't have much experience with different masks, but not long ago, I bought myself a mask for red light therapy for weight loss and getting rid of wrinkles. I was surprised at how my face changed with every day of using this device, and after that, I completely changed my opinion about them. They are excellent for keeping your skin in good condition and getting rid of different irritations and redness. I think it's perfect for use.

• Michael
      • Michael.1
      • 2 yrs ago
      • Reported - view

Colleen Linenger I think I tried most every anti-aging cosmetic thing: red light, radio frequency, oils, creams, serums, even more esoteric ideas like the rapa cream found on this forum and for myself, nothing worked. What DID work was surgery, and it was immediate. I actually spent more money trying everything else than I did on the surgery. LOL

Like 1
Like2 Follow
  • 2 Likes
  • 1 yr agoLast active
  • 14Replies
  • 390Views
  • 9 Following