732 BILLION USD SPENT ON MADNESS

Year 2019  !  732 billion USD was spent on military  alone ! 

I can only imagine how many of our loved ones would still be around if only half of that  money was spent on education and research.

25replies Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
  • Price is about right for the technological level of military and vast size of this country.  Yet, a virus has cost us trillions and caught us unprepared.  It is a sad but true reality that you can never have enough money to do all the things you need to get done and never enough hours in the day. 

• Dorian Gray Was not about money and is about money--who gets hurt and who makes the money. A packing house worker in South Dakota who goes to work and gets the virus-- too bad!!! Tyson got rich along with politicians on the take-- via campaign contributions of course.

Note we spend more on health care than any other country and per capita mortality rates due to virus ? -- we are fourth.

• Sorry you think that way ! Price is about right ??? You honestly believe that humanity's priority to destroy each other ?  Nothing justifies war ! Nothing !

Sadly  I was born into a dumb world of violence  ! US spent  6.4 trillion on military in the past 20 years.

700 billion on weapons each year yet  a small virus comes along and screws us big time.

Intelligent creatures would spend that money to fight viruses and other diseases . Sadly most human are far from intelligent !

• TJTJ
      • TJTJ
      • 3 yrs ago
      • Reported - view

Peter North Tell that to our enemies abroad.  I am sure China would love to hear that we are taking a position of isolationism or pacifism.  Which one of us you think doesn't want peace?  It sure is shit ain't the soldiers. 

• Florin
    • Florin
    • 3 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

But trillions have already been spent on medical research and very little can be prevent or cured.

• You just gave  great reason to spend a hell of a lot more on medical research ! 

Make love not war :)

Cure suffering or die trying :)

• Randy B
    • Randall_Bagrowski
    • 3 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

I can only imagine how many of our loved ones would still be around if only half of that  money was spent on education and research.

My answer to that would be... not very many people! If we hadn't a strong military in the 1940's we'd all be speaking German and if are not German you and your family would have been killed off decades ago. A strong Defense is a necessary evil in maintaining a free Democracy.

Like 1
    • Randy B Have a strong military today ( probably strongest in world) and we are close to speaking Russian (or Mandarin if sufficient money flows to right person). 

600,000 people die from cardiac arrest each year in U.S and fish oil plus statin would prevent most of them for pennies/year. Thank you American Heart Assn.

• Military spending in 2020

US Spent 750 billion

Russia spent 48 billion

US spent 15 times more in a single year than Russia ...

With a " low " budget I dont think Russia is afraid of anyone :)

I am against war and violence  in general !!!! Its about time humanity started to act like intelligent creatures and stop behaving like aggressive apes !

• TJTJ
      • TJTJ
      • 3 yrs ago
      • Reported - view

Peter North I have a bridge to sell you in Brooklyn if you think other nations report accurately on their spending.  Keep in mind that the US has been subsidizing, one of things that I think most would agree needs to be pulled back on, the vast majority of the defense of Europe and our Ally nations.  Time for them to pick up their part of the tab. 

• SCREW MILITARY SPENDING ALL TOGETHER ! ITS MAINLY BUSINESS ANYWAY !

HUMANITY NEED  TO GROW UP !

• TJTJ
      • TJTJ
      • 3 yrs ago
      • Reported - view

Peter North Yeah.  Lets just sit around the fire and sing Kumbaya.  That seems to work really well in Africa, Asia, Europe, the Americas, Australia, etc. 

Like 1
    • TJTJ  I dont know about Kumbaya but educating people and smart leaders (for a change ) would be a great start.

• TJTJ
      • TJTJ
      • 3 yrs ago
      • Reported - view

Peter North You think education changes human behavior?  I have a bridge that you should see that is for sale in Brooklyn.  You are a perfect buyer. 

• TJTJ Not educating will certainly not change human behavior. Evolution is on the right track . Global violence  has declined for example.

Lets suppose every human had the intelligence of Albert Einstein or Nicola Tesla. We wouldn't have to worry about electing dumb power hungry idiots because there were no idiots to begin with. Unfortunately most people are stupid and ignorant .

You and your bridge :) 

• TJTJ
      • TJTJ
      • 3 yrs ago
      • Reported - view

Peter North Albert Einstein...you mean the dude that invented the atom bomb...? 

Yes, violence is on the decline...as a percentage.  Thank goodness for Christianity and Democracy. 

If you think people won't be killing each other in a 1,000 years, you are a perfect buyer for that bridge.  I will make you a great deal on it. 

• TJTJ  TJTJ  You must be right :) Bombing one an other is the way to go  :)

" Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity "

By the way.....Albert Einstein was a pacifist. ( living in a dumb environment )

• TJTJ
    • TJTJ
    • 3 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Apparently...bombing for peace is part of the Obama doctrine.  If you don't like bombing a bunch of people, I am guessing you are a Trump voter then?  Right?

• I have double citizenship living in Europe and never voted for anyone anywhere.

• TJTJ
      • TJTJ
      • 3 yrs ago
      • Reported - view

Peter North So you have strong opinions, but don't vote.  Interesting. 

• Well...:) I have similar opinion with George Carlin ..." globally"....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07w9K2XR3f0

• TJTJ
      • TJTJ
      • 3 yrs ago
      • Reported - view

Peter North You aren't as funny as him.  If you just want to bitch, but not do anything...I am fantastically unimpressed.

• Sadly people with brains ( like scientist  who  should rule our world ) have no chance in our dumb world.

" garbage in garbage out "  " the public sucks " 

When I see Nobel price winners running for election  I consider voting.

• TJTJ
    • TJTJ
    • 3 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

You conflate intelligence with leadership.  The two are not mutually inclusive in the least.  Obama was a "thinker" in this case and far from a good leader.  Some of the smartest people I know, truly brilliant folks, crumble under stress and can't tie their shoes in a crisis. 

• 2 groups are going colonize 2  different planets  of same resources .

Group " A " has average people with "tough" leaders of their choice .

Group " B "  filled solely  with scientists and " brilliant folks "  with no leaders.

200 years later group " A " would still be in stone age killing each other with sticks while group " B "  has built a rocket to conquer nearby planets.

I would not hesitate a second  to go with group " B " and be grateful that all  the  retards  left with group " A "

Uninhibited " tough "  leaders are for dumb people . Unfortunately most people are dumb.

" Voting is meaningless " / G.Carlin /

Like Follow
  • 3 yrs agoLast active
  • 25Replies
  • 164Views
  • 6 Following