NAD+ Patches

I recently purchased NAD+ from the NAD treatment center in San Diego.  I purchased the NAD+ patches, 6 each @ 400mg each.  The patches are a electrophoresis type patch that uses a battery to drive the NAD+ into the skin. The six patches were $300.00. I spoke with Jennifer ( 944-623-7587 ext. 5) at the center who arranged telephone consultation with Dr. Milgram.  The product was fulfilled by Archway Apothecary in Covington, La.  I also purchased a NAD+ nasal spray which the Doc said goes directly to the brain.  To date I have used three patches and continue to daily take NR.  After completing the patches I will post my results/impressions.

Best,

David Michel

109replies Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
    • Dennis
    • Retired USAF pilot, biochemist.
    • Dennis
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Thanks David! Good info! I'll be trying the patches also! I'm 74 w/ two bad knees and foot pain so I need to get the body in better shape before I try stem cell therapy. My photo is on Facebook, the Dennis Fink in Reading, Pa.

Like 1
      • woody928
      • woody928
      • 5 yrs ago
      • Reported - view

Dennis   Dennis, please post your results from the patches. 

• Dennis
      • Dennis
      • 5 yrs ago
      • Reported - view

woody928 Will do, might be a week or two. Looking for decent deal without $350 consult fee.

• Dennis
      • Dennis
      • 5 yrs ago
      • Reported - view

woody928 I just wrote a bad review on Amazon on the Patch MD Anti-Aging Patches I'm trying since I had the same problem with some of them not sticking as another reviewer had and they don't have a specific amount of NAD or precursor anyway. I did find a $25 patch w/ 250 mg NAD by Nutri-patch called an Antioxidant patch on Amazon or their website ( www.nutri-patch.com ), that I ordered and will try.

Like 1
      • woody928
      • woody928
      • 5 yrs ago
      • Reported - view

Dennis Thanks for the update Dennis, this the the price quote I got for the spray: 

The nasal spray prices are as follows:

1. 100mg/ml = $58.00
      2. 200mg/ml = $62.00
      3. 300mg/ml = $65.00

I hope this helps!

Thank you,

Lindsey H., PharmD

Archway Apothecary

I'm going to get in touch with Life Extension and request that they look into supplying the patches, I think they would at least sell a reliable product. Also, I'm going to contact the local IV hydration clinic and request that they consider nad+ drip.

I just recently read about  nad+  and ordered the 250mg capsules, of course these are over $1 ea., and It's debatable if ANY nad+ is being absorbed through the intestine. I'm 57 and figure I might as well take the chance until a better option is available.  

Like 1
      • Dennis
      • Dennis
      • 5 yrs ago
      • Reported - view

woody928 Thanks for the info! I recall seeing some test results that the nicotinamide riboside that I am using (250mg x 3/d) raises NAD levels 60% which might be enough at your age but by age 74 (me) one might benefit more from a 100-500% increase, thus the infusions/patches/nasal spray. I'm not sure I've seen the $1 NAD caps you are referring to? Are they nr?

• djmichel
      • CDR Phx
      • djmichel
      • 5 yrs ago
      • Reported - view

Dennis   Who charges a 350 consult fee?  I spoke with the Doc at the nad treatment center for free?

• Dennis
      • Dennis
      • 5 yrs ago
      • Reported - view

David Michel I don't recall where I saw the $350 fee now David, I thought it was on this forum.

• Dennis
      • Dennis
      • 5 yrs ago
      • Reported - view

Just talked to Archway Apothecary (985 801 0800) and they were very helpful! I didn't realize that one needs a prescription for all forms of their NAD "help" (nasal spray, subcutaneous, sublingual, even their patch) except of course the supplements!

Like 1
      • woody928
      • woody928
      • 5 yrs ago
      • Reported - view

Dennis Fink yes, nr nad+ from life ext foundation. 30 250mg @ 36$

•  Hi Dennis. I am 70 and found that my arthritus in my left knee went away after my first sirolumus (rapamycin) dose and my first dose was only 1 mg, then ten days pause 2mg, 3 mg, 4 mg, where I am now. The arthritus improvement appears cumulative.

Like 1
      • Dennis
      • Dennis
      • 5 yrs ago
      • Reported - view

are we there yet Wow! Great, but my knee weakness is more from meniscus ligaments being removed (after tear) decades back so a year on rapamycin (6 mg/wk) hasn't helped noticeably in any way. I am trying collagen and some other things and may be getting a slight improvement as a result.

Like 2
    • Dennis ...thanks, arthritis removal with rapamycin was fast, but I have not noticed any notable drop in weight from my 4mg / 10 day use so far. Dr. Allan Green indicated a natural weight loss with rapamycin. Has anyone felt rapamycin helps them loose weight?

• Dennis
      • Dennis
      • 5 yrs ago
      • Reported - view

are we there yet  I haven't seen rapamycin credited w/ weight loss nearly as much as Metformin. Dr. Peter Attia mentioned weight loss in connection w/ 2.5 g/d of Metformin and others have noticed the same w/ only 1.5 g/d. 2g/d was mentioned here as a standard dose but Ray Kurzweil was taking 3g/d but he had diabetes.

Like 1
    • are we there yet  hi, if you want to lose weight, take Metformin, I don’t want to lose weight but it helps my sugar level to stay normal and it is an anti-aging drug also it protects from cancer

• Gokhan
      • Gokhan
      • 3 yrs ago
      • Reported - view

are we there yet I took 4 rapa doses of 6mg/week so far. No weight loss yet :/ Other positive effects, however!

• woody928
    • woody928
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

David, Let us know your results.

• djmichel
    • CDR Phx
    • djmichel
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

First, when you purchase from the nad+ treatment center in San Diego, there is a no cost telephone consultation with their Doctor. I considered the cost of approx 300 dollars for six treatment patches of 400mg each.  Being in great shape and in my second year of taking Rapamycin, I have not observed any definable results from the  NAD+ patches.I have also been taking NAD 250mg caps for a year or so.  I am Seventy Six years old and have been heavily involved with life extension since 1980.   The photo I posted here was taken last year.  BTW the only negative effect from using the patches is some irritation at the site where the patch was applied.  For several days I have a mild itchy arm where the patch was.

Like 3
      • Rudi Hoffman
      • World's Leading Cryonics Funder
      • Rudi
      • 5 yrs ago
      • Reported - view

David Michel  

David Michel...I think you look truly amazing in your posted picture.   When I looked at that picture, I thought, "This guy looks to be a fairly fit guy in his mid 50s!"  Congratulations, and I glad that the externals as well as the internal metrics of antiaging science seem to be working for you. 
      Rudi Hoffman

Like 1
    • Don
    • Don
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

David, how long do you keep the patches on? For how long are they deemed effective?

• djmichel
      • CDR Phx
      • djmichel
      • 5 yrs ago
      • Reported - view

I keep the patches on for eight hours.  Of critical importance is when you buy the patches you have to load the NAD+ onto the patch yourself.  The NAD+ is supplied in a separate drop type bottle.  Also the patches are sticky aggressive and you have to be very careful handling them.  I put a patch on a flat surface and carefully remove the protective paper being careful not to touch the adhesive as it is very very aggressive and will stick to anything.  I actually use a toothpick to hold the patch steady while I remove the two side of the paper.  Also when sticking the patch to your arm hold the whole patch in your open hand and apply.  It sticks very aggressively to the skin. At the end of eight hours I soak the patch for a few minutes with warm water as it does not want to come off.  

Like 2
    • Dennis
    • Dennis
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Received and am trying the second (of 30) "NUTRI-PATCH Antioxidant Topical Nutrient Skin Patches". They were $25 (Amazon) and they claim 250 mg NAD! I don't expect to notice anything having been on rapamycin for over a year like David and Metformin for the same time period, plus NR, etc.! Not sure why the patches David is trying require a prescription and these don't? Anyone know? His may work better w/ the added battery?

• djmichel
    • CDR Phx
    • djmichel
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Dennis,  I check the Amazon site for this product.  I question how effective it is, the NAD in the patch appears to be the same product that is in the NR capsules, but is not NAD+.  The problem being is that at our age we probably only have a small percentage of NAD+ in our bodies, so taking NR while raising NAD+ levels somewhat but it does not raise it enough to put the levels back to a meaningful level.  Only taking actual NAD+ will do so.  Therefore the current question is IV rather than patches the only way to raise the levels NAD+.  According to a talk given by Bill Faloon, there are current studies underway that will answer this question.  The patches that are used to drive NAD+ into the skin are electrophoresis patches.  I doubt that just a plain patch will do much.

• Dennis
      • Dennis
      • 5 yrs ago
      • Reported - view

David Michel Thanks David! Great info! I'll likely call the NAD center tomorrow and try their patches. Was wondering why the electrophoresis. I ordered the NADH sublingual tabs through LEF.

• Dennis
    • Dennis
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

At least the Nutri-patches I got (antioxidant w/250mg NAD) are working properly and they are only ~$20 if you subscribe monthly so they beat PatchMD. I guess I'll try the sublingual NADH that LEF carries also, it's only 20 mg. but if it ups NAD levels I'd rather do that than even more expensive IV's (the NADH is $50/month). David M is your daily supplement/lifestyle regimen on the Web anywhere? I would like to compare since you look at least a decade younger than your photo! I've only been doing this for a year or so, so many years of way too much sugar, processed crap, etc.

Like11 Follow
  • 11 Likes
  • 2 yrs agoLast active
  • 109Replies
  • 4387Views
  • 34 Following