High quality, affordable rapamycin (and other anti-aging meds)

Hi everyone. Many of you might not realize it, but IAS has made rapamycin available without a prescription. It is the best price I've ever seen (better even than what I saw in pharmacies in Mumbai a couple months ago).

If you go to:

http://www.antiaging.clinic/

and enter the code "research" you will see the option of buying rapamycin, as well as a selegiline, metformin, and a few other anti-aging meds.

IAS has committed to putting a certain fraction of the revenue (15% I believe) into research.

Because of irritating legal/regulatory challenges, IAS cannot accept credit/debit cards, so you have to pay via wire transfer (e-check is an additional option if you have a bank in the US, probably also Canada). My purchase experience was smooth and quick.

And by the way I've been on rapamycin – 5 mg with a fatty meal (30% better absorption than on empty stomach) once a week – for nearly two months now. Feel fine. Haven't tested my cholesterol yet but the oft-noted side-effect of glucoregulatory dysfunction has not made an appearance. In point of fact, my fasting and postprandial glucose numbers have gone down a touch.

Brian

107replies Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
    • Viperml
    • Viperml
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

I did end up getting the check2pay to work on their site.

I ordered rapamycin and metformin from them. I chose general delivery. 

I will let people know if i get it or not in around 2 weeks.

Like 1
  • HI I attended RAAD and i am an investigative journalist and fm coach. Is it possible to interview you Brian for a story i am writing? 

• immortality 

First, apologies to everyone for the belated replies (here, and elsewhere on the forum). My email notifications were going into the wrong folder in my email program, and being marked as "read".

First, immortality, yes, feel free to contact me about an interview. My email is my first name AT my full name with middle initial dot org.

• Kerry
      • Kerry
      • 5 yrs ago
      • Reported - view

immortality Are you from Wired? Good luck with your story.

Like 1
    •  Kerry No i am not from wired. I am a functional medicine coach and an investigative journalist. I am best known for directing the film Vanishing of the Bees. I educate people on health and longevity and have been using myself as a guinea pig to understand the body and health for a long time.   BrianMDelaney  I will reach out again. ty. 

• Kerry thank you. I will keep you posted. 

• Mark, with both metformin and rapamycin, the dosing will be tricky. Also, note that both are likely to lower free testosterone a bit (an antiaging response that's part of a "famine" program that they set in motion to some degree). So being on those while in the study might be a problem.

My experience with 6 mg / week rapamycin was that it didn't do squat. Scaling to humans from the mouse studies that showed benefit would mean taking between 15 or so and 95 or so mg. per day. I'm off rapamycin now but on my next experiment I'm going to try taking much more, but only – for safety reasons – for six or so weeks. Stay tuned.

Like 2
      • Kerry
      • Kerry
      • 5 yrs ago
      • Reported - view

BrianMDelaney Nice to hear your take. After 10 months on 5 mg per week I have noticed a significant worsening of recovery time from exercise. Thought this a few months ago but it became more pronounced recently. Maybe this is a good thing and absolutely what one should expect.  Maybe cycling off after 4-6 months is advisable.  My bio markers stayed v good (a blood test monthly). What was your evaluation? How long did you take it? Any objective measures?

Like 1
    • Kerry I took it for about three months. My BP and fasting glucose were unchanged. I honestly think 5-6 mg (I started at 4, quickly went to 5, then 6.25, then 7.5 on last dose) is simply too low to have much of an effect.

Like 1
      • BobM
      • BobM
      • 5 yrs ago
      • Reported - view

BrianMDelaney 

May we known how much metformin and what dosing rate were you using?

What time of day?  

With or without food?

thank you!

Like 1
      • IAS Phil
      • IAS_Phil
      • 5 yrs ago
      • Reported - view

BobM Dr Dean recommends 1 gram a day for most folks. That's usually 500 mg 2x a day. Some folks may need more (like 500 mg 3x daily), but it's unusual to go higher (i.e. 2 grams) unless one is a type-2 diabetic. Metformin does inhibit B12 so make sure to supplement with that also.

Like 1
    • BobM I don't take metformin.

• Danmoderator
      • skipping my funeral
      • dantheman
      • 5 yrs ago
      • Reported - view

BobM  I am starting with Metformin with a doctors prescription. I'm using the LE recommendations to mitigate any tolerance issues, start with 250mg/day, then 500mg/day, then 1000mg/day (two meals), then 1500mg/day. Bill suggests going to 850mg eventually, before each meal which is the maximum dosage. Standard dosage is 500mg before each meal. My doctor tried it but didn't continue because he felt horrible on it and wasn't willing to build tolerance. 

Bill suggests it for anybody with fasting glucose above 85. I've got three genetics defects from my Veritas report (@BrianMDelaney) which correlate with higher fasting glucose (apparently not glucose intolerance but lower production), and despite my lifelong lifestyle work my numbers are in the 90's at best, so the Metformin is a good idea anyhow. 

Like 2
      • BobM
      • BobM
      • 5 yrs ago
      • Reported - view

Dan Mc 

thanks for the detail Dan!

• Danmoderator
      • skipping my funeral
      • dantheman
      • 5 yrs ago
      • Reported - view

BobM Also worth mentioning, Metformin can drive your testosterone lower, but if you follow LE and are older than 40 probably are doing replacement therapy anyhow. If not check LE for many articles on the subject and how to proceed (compounded pharmacy cream with blood monitoring to keep levels in range. 

• Dennis
      • Retired USAF pilot, biochemist.
      • Dennis
      • 5 yrs ago
      • Reported - view

Dan Mc Ray Kurzweil (mid 70s, was diabetic) has said in a few of his videos that his doc has him on 3 g/d Metformin now so I've been trying the same since I am similar age/wt. and was pre-diabetic. Few problems so far even taking a gram at bedtime w/ just a little water (time-restricted eating) but read yesterday about AMPK boosting mechanism and am on LEF AMPK booster also, so may call them to see if there is an AMPK boosting limit (if anyone knows)? Will likely reduce one for a while.

• Danmoderator
      • skipping my funeral
      • dantheman
      • 5 yrs ago
      • Reported - view

Dennis Fink Thanks, good to know. I watch every video of Ray's I find but missed that. 3g/day is a lot and according to Bill is above the maximum dosage (I believe this is the medical standard maximum) of 850mg x3 or 2550 (approx 2.5g), I wouldn't tell you what to do but since you were only pre-diabetic I wonder if that is warranted. There's a pattern I keep seeing with our biology is that ranging is important - we want things (e.g. exercise, macro/micro nutrients, supplements) in a range - not too much or too little. That is "more isn't usually better, and neither is little". Just a note this is not saying "everything in moderation". For example, with exercise the benefits come with moderate degree of exercise. Some people take this as "more is better" and become amateur athletes which opens you up to all sorts of issues. I work with lots of colleagues like this, people who have wrecked their bodies by over exercise (exercise induced asthma, hypertension induced from muscle work (heart has to work hard to pump through all those muscles), on and on). 

Anyhow, something to think about. 

Like 1
      • Dennis
      • Dennis
      • 5 yrs ago
      • Reported - view

Dan Mc Yes, I think I'll play it safe and stay below 2.5 g for the time being at least, especially since it is hard to evaluate all the other supplements that Ray and I are both on!

• Danmoderator
      • skipping my funeral
      • dantheman
      • 5 yrs ago
      • Reported - view

Dennis Fink Good for you, I think that is wise. I also take a lot of supplements, approximately what Ray takes as it turns out as he details here. Question for you - do you also take Phosphatidylcholine (PC), and if so how much? This one puzzles me, Ray is a huge proponent but none of the 'lifers' such as Bill are as far as I know (though LE recently posted a research note about a study on exploring the relationship of lipids and cellar membranes here). Bill just looks at it for a source of choline for the brain (e.g. age related cognitive decline), but then notes that fixing choline depletion as occurs with aging isn't ideally solved by just shoving more choline in your body via PC. No mention of the cell membrane lipid effect. My local drip clinic has PC drips available which is what Ray does, in some years I might start doing that too. 

On quantity of suppls, interactions and possible difficulties for your liver, Bill's opinion is that we're taking such good care of ourselves that our livers are lightly loaded anyhow, and plus there's no indication that mixing them as we do has any negatives. Sounds reasonable to me. 

Like 1
      • BobM
      • BobM
      • 5 yrs ago
      • Reported - view

Dan Mc 

thanks Dan!

Yes on testosterone now, along with 250mg metformin (for years). My dose of metformin always seemed low. I supplement that dose with LIfe Extension AMPK activator. Getting on the T was dramatic for me. It made a huge difference. The most impactful of anything (so far😎). 

• Danmoderator
      • skipping my funeral
      • dantheman
      • 5 yrs ago
      • Reported - view

BobM Great! I'm at 250 this week going to 500 next week. And happy days today, my T is coming in finally, I'm expecting good things. We must sound like a bunch of freaks here getting excited about this stuff, but boy am I looking forward to restoring my hormones (free T is low even accounting for age!).  Should have done it a long time ago, but I only discovered LE recently with all of their insight on the subject. They need to work on their marketing to be more West Coast friendly if that makes sense. 

• Dennis
      • Dennis
      • 5 yrs ago
      • Reported - view

Dan Mc Yes, I've been taking Ray's PC for about a year 2x400mg/d. I recently read something negative about taking PC w/ fish so I have temporarily cut back to 4d/wk. till I figure out more. Thanks for the links to Ray's info and the LEF info! Ray mentions the 3g/d Met on one or more of the recent videos w/ Peter D. Not considering any drips currently.

• Danmoderator
      • skipping my funeral
      • dantheman
      • 5 yrs ago
      • Reported - view

Dennis Fink Good to know, I was beginning to think I am the only one taking PC! 

Have you considered PC IV's like Ray does? It's also a therapy in Germany apparently. 

Like 1
      • Dennis
      • Dennis
      • 5 yrs ago
      • Reported - view

DanMcL Don't know anyone locally who does IV's so haven't looked into it since they sound pretty expensive. I would need more evidence of benefit to spend that kind of money!

• BrianMDelaney I am trying to order from the Antiaging Clinic. I placed my order on Tuesday. It is now Thursday and no one has contacted me with payment info.  I have sent an email to the clinic, but no response.  Is response time slow? Thanks for your help here. :)

Like11 Follow
  • 11 Likes
  • 2 yrs agoLast active
  • 107Replies
  • 3526Views
  • 37 Following