Measuring biological age by the reaction of those around you

I've found a novel way to estimate biological age, which is the reaction of people in your circle to the changes in you. 

In the past year I've

• Put in a home gym and now do Pilates and cycling daily (45 minutes)
  • Gone on HRT
  • Started Metformin
  • NAD patches
  • Refined the supplementation approach

What's interesting is to compare anecdotal experience of the changes

My Perspective

There seems to be a synergistic effect. Each thing I did had it's own small contribution - after taking Metformin I noticed feeling more 'in control' after a meal and less effected by it. With the increased exercise (and I'm a lifelong exerciser) there's likewise more wellbeing, with the HRT more energy and drive. Overall the sum of these changes seems to be greater than them individually. 

Friend/family perspective

Coworkers now are saying they keep forgetting I'm a dad because I have so much energy and act so young. My wife says I have the energy of a person 20 years younger suddenly. From the inside I don't have this perspective, to me it seemed more incremental and small changes. 

Anyhow two points - one is the importance of doing everything you can. It seems that just one aging factor can make you feel and appear older. For example, even a young person with say a sports injury or a broken leg is probably feeling and appearing older than their biological age. Attacking cosmetic aging, cellular and macroscopic (e.g. muscle tone) are all worth doing. 

Secondly is that perhaps one of the best measures of aging is how other people view you! 

30replies Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
    • Moonlitnight
    • Medical Writer working on age reversal for over 20 yrs
    • Moonlitnight
    • 3 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Has anyone had any joy with apocynin? Now six months and...nothing (smells great though). As an aside—and I might be the only one not to have known this—what is written on this forum is public and can be found should anyone decide to google-snoop into your business by entering your name. I expected a better level of privacy, especially with people posting their test results, but guess I should have read the policy/TOS (is there one?). I should not have used my full name either.

Like 1
    • Moonlitnight
    • Medical Writer working on age reversal for over 20 yrs
    • Moonlitnight
    • 3 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Update on topical application of apocynin:  I've been applying it to my face, inner arms, neck and back of hands. Pinch test on back of hands six months ago showed springback at 2.5 seconds. Now, after daily application it is less than one second.

• Juan Daw
    • saxxnviolins
    • 2 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

The triage theory of aging may support the title of this thread. Since looks are the least important for the organism, they would come last, in terms of repair. So, if your looks (skin) improve, it may indicate that the priority functions (cardiovascular, etc.) have been taken care of.

• fersd ras
    • fersd_ras
    • 2 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

It is an interesting reflection. It is important how you feel about your age. It is about the way you carry yourself. Everything else is a wrapper. The only time I went to a dermatologist was a case of my allergy. I was undergoing therapy at https://www.vitalskinderm.com/locations/bella-pelle/. Of course, it is very important to lead a healthy lifestyle. Our bad habits directly affect the rate of aging. I gave up cigarettes last year and try to run a few km every morning. I’m 53 now and proud of myself.

• Michael
      • Michael.1
      • 2 yrs ago
      • Reported - view

fersd ras Have you noticed any cosmetic benefit/reversal since quitting smoking? Congratulations by the way. I'm envious.

Like3 Follow
  • 3 Likes
  • 2 yrs agoLast active
  • 30Replies
  • 880Views
  • 10 Following