Sources for inexpensive prescription Rapamycin

My understanding is that in the U.S. Rapamycin is expensive with prescription, but it can be purchased overseas for much cheaper. Recommendations for pharmacies (compounding or otherwise) that have websites where it can be purchased if you have a prescription? Canada would be ideal. 

169replies Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
  • Some of you might find this article...and perhaps the book "Bottle of lies" of interest. I listened to a podcast with the author.... frightening! Sadly, at the moment, I would not trust any offshore supplier...or their tests... Unless the testing was done by a reputable body in the USA or Western Europe. The history of generic drug fraud is long and deep. That said... Big Pharma and their patent-protection and extortion prices an obscenity. I'm back to paying $310 per month for Brand name (Rapamune) in Canada... Sigh!  I'm not sure of the solution... but I am 100% certain I was the victim of drug fraud... cynically initiated by someone...

https://www.statnews.com/2019/07/22/indian-pharmaceutical-industry-drug-quality-charges/

https://peterattiamd.com/katherineeban/

Like 2
    • are we there yet , Actually I am really happy with our system. Rapid access and treatment if you are ill, and no $ charges.  No "denial's by insurance companies. No bankruptcies as a result of catastrophic illness.

.... As a senior, drugs are "free" (paid for through taxes, so those with the bad fortune to be ill are not penalized... we all share the burden.... but occasionally there is a glitch. If I was a renal transplant patient, there would be no cost to me. Nearly all Medications are available (almost always at a much lower cost than in the USA because of hard-bargaining by our health-care system)... but in this case, Biocon has chosen not to supply to the Canadian market. It's usually simple if the FDA has already approved a generic, but for some reason they are not interested... possibly due to market size.

There is a mechanism for rapamycin to be covered.... but its a bit bureaucratic... but I'll pursue it.

Like 1
      • Iðunn
      • Iunn
      • 4 yrs ago
      • Reported - view

are we there yet There are problems with every healthcare system on earth. The problems with Canada's system get amplified greatly in the United States because of the many economic interests a single-payer system would disrupt. Canadians are happier with their system than Americans are with theirs, and that includes people who have lived in each others' countries.

Like 3
      • Danmoderator
      • skipping my funeral
      • dantheman
      • 4 yrs ago
      • Reported - view

A friend who grew up in Budapest during the 70's-90's is convinced his mother died of cancer because of the health care system. Sure it was nationalized - free - but to actually get the service you wanted, or any service, you had to pay the MD on the side. I'm sure it's different now, but agree no system is perfect. 

Like 2
    • Steve Roedde your Canadian Rx will NOT be accepted in the US. However, you might want to check out Qualytude.com, whose cofounder Sajad Zalzala is a physician who is reportedly licensed in all 50 states as well as Ontario. This is a newly launched telemedicine service catering to people who need Rxs for Metformin, Rapamycin, Dasatanib, etc.

I don't know the pricing structure as yet and so can't vouch for it, but have met an officer and it seems to be a genuine effort to make access to these anti-aging drugs available to everyone.  

Good luck.  

Like 1
      • garland
      • garland
      • 4 yrs ago
      • Reported - view

Louise B Andrew the link Qualytude.com does not work......can you repost with the correct link thanks

Like 1
    • garland sorry about that. It is a "creative" spelling, no "u" (e.g. qalytude) 

See https://www.cnbc.com/2019/10/06/sajad-zalzala-launched-qalytude-which-is-dedicated-to-anti-aging.html

Like 2
    • Louise B Andrew And they will ship without a prescription to the USA?

Like 1
    • Luc Vareilles My understanding is that Qalytude is a telemedicine service that will screen potential patients and provide US rxs when appropriate for certain age-management pharmaceuticals.  I have no direct connection to them.  They are NOT to my knowledge a pharmacy (in fact that might be a COI); you would still have to take/send the rx to a pharmacy in order to get them filled.  I would suggest you check out their website and decide for yourself if this is how you would like to proceed.  

Like 2
    • Louise B Andrew that makes sense and also how I understood it

Like 1
  • An interesting article. It seems that Biocon is the only company where deficiencies have not been discovered.... but India seems a bloody nightmare... And China worse. https://www.statnews.com/2019/07/22/indian-pharmaceutical-industry-drug-quality-charges/

Like 1
  • Steve Roedde I just joined this forum because I want to thank you for your posts in this thread. I have gone through two bottles of RapaPro myself. I haven't noticed any subjective effects (or sides), which isn't all that surprising, but I wasn't sure whether it was real and given the information you've provided, it appears that I wasted a lot of money on it.

Thanks for standing your ground and calling them out. I am glad you are ok despite not using a real product.

Like 4
    • Luc Vareilles  Thanks so much. I believe truth is the only thing that matters... besides love....whatever that is.

Like 4
    • Luc Vareilles , I’ve used the RapaPro, as well as the MetPro ( Metformin), and just received some DasaPro ( dasinitib ), all manufactured by Profound Products .  I hope these were legitimate, as the company seemed reputable , and haven’t wasted lots of money!

Like 1
    • garland
    • garland
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

I just heard a new way to cycle NAD with Rapa by using the patches.... you take the rapa and then wait two days and then do 3 patches every other day of the NAD.... that way the NAD goes directly to the blood stream and is not processed by the liver from what I understand. I do know that one study found that NAD is processed by the liver if it taken orally. So it does not get directly to the organs when taken orally according to this study.  And interesting enough Serotonin seems to be a major contributing or causation factor for it when processed through the liver.....so you would do 12 patches a month along with the rapa....so as to get benefits directly to the organs without and processing by the liver and seems to circumvent the rapa problem...

Like 1
    • CSC
    • CSC
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Reference RapaPro

Official response from Profound Products.

Profound Products take any negative review seriously because our unblemished reputation for supplying the highest quality products has been hard won over many years, however we know that a good reputation can just as easily be lost by a single allegation on a public online forum alleging that our products are placebos.

Due to recent concerns from a customer, based upon their blood test results, they determined that there was no active Rapamycin ingredient in the RapaPro product.

As this has never happened before, we immediately withdrew this product from sale from all resellers whilst we undertook our own investigation.

We identified the product batch in question and sent a sample to an independent laboratory for analysis.

The independent laboratory reported back that the product sample provided did indeed contain the active ingredient ‘Rapamycin’, however the amount of active ingredient per unit was lower than we had originally specified for manufacture.

We therefore followed this report up with the compounding pharmacy who contract manufactured RapaPro and they undertook their own investigation. They reported back that their initial determination was that there had been an unprecedented formulation error and subsequently the incorrect product strength had been delivered to us.

The product we commissioned for manufacture was specified to contain 5mg of Rapamycin per unit, whereas the independent laboratory test results established that RapaPro contains 3.25mg of Rapamycin per unit.

We are pleased that this was brought to our attention as a result of this customers vigilance and Profound Products have instigated new procedures on the back of this aberration to ensure that such an occurrence should never happen again.

• CSC They better show some damn good proof that the next batch actually contains 5mg. I'm pissed off I wasted money on two bottles + the two shipping/wire fees for my orders. I was trying to low dose it too, so I was truly using baby doses once a week.

Steve Roedde Thanks again for what you did. You saved me from wasting money on more bottles I was about to order.

• If IAS truly wants to remain credible, they would send free or discounted bottles to those of us who purchased RapaPro.

Like 2
    • Luc Vareilles i agree!

• Ozone8
      • Ozone8
      • 4 yrs ago
      • Reported - view

CSC Is the current batch of RapaPro being sold now on IAS actually 5 mg?

• As the Rapa-Pro is currently out of stock at IAS, I just ordered some Siromus (generic for Rapamune) at a fairly reasonable price. I've used this pharmacy (Indian)also many times in the past, for antibiotics , skin care products, and once for Tacrolimus ,(a topical immunosuppressant).  All have worked well, and hoping the Siromus will too.  Tablets are 1 mg each and are discounted the more you buy.

• Ozone8
      • Ozone8
      • 4 yrs ago
      • Reported - view

angie4life Would you mind naming this pharmacy, and the price for the sirolimus?

• Ozone8 I’ve used All Day Chemist for years for products I can attest to be legit , as they worked as intended. Create an account and use your checking account to pay ( I’ve never had any issues with this ).  You fill out a form where there are some questions and a spot to upload an Rx , but I just skip over that part and place the order without problem.  It does take 20 plus days to arrive .  They have excellent customer service as well . Price for Siromus  1 mg tabs is $100.00 for 30 tabs, $200.00 for 60, and $260.00 for 90 tabs. They are at a reduced price right now .   Hope this helps !

• Ozone8
      • Ozone8
      • 4 yrs ago
      • Reported - view

angie4life Thanks for the information. We will check out All Day Chemist. I'm a little concerned about providing bank account information but it's good to learn you've never had a problem.

• Ozone8 very welcome !

•   Dear Dan, you could find at https://www.petrone.it the RAPAMUNE*100CPR RIV 0,5MG (Sirolimus) for a good price. I hope I helped you.

Like3 Follow
  • 3 Likes
  • 5 mths agoLast active
  • 169Replies
  • 5599Views
  • 50 Following