Lisinopril and Self Experimentation.

Has anyone had any problems with metformin whilst on Lisinopril drug ? Possible interactions are mentioned on advice sites.  Dasatinib and Lisinopril also get a mention in this regard.

I have high BP and take 40mg Lisinopril daily in the morning. I am considering self prescribing metformin & also dasatinib. . I'm in UK.

10replies Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
    • Karl
    • Karl.1
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Epocrates is a great website and app for looking up drug interactions.  No interactions listed for Lisinopril with either Metformin or dasatanib.

• Seaside
    • Seaside
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Thanks will take a look. That would be good news. Considering using a CGM monitor if I take metformin. That might be useful & interesting.

Like 1
    • Marty McSorley
    • Web Entrepreneur
    • Marty_McSorley
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

I've been on Metformin for about a year now, Lisinopril for a number of years. My dosages are Metformin 1000mg 2x daily, Lisinopril 20mg 2x daily. I've tolerated them both very well, although many cannot tolerate Metformin with or without Lisinopril (my wife is one of them). 

• MSS
    • Mahabir_Surah
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

I am in U.K. as well. I am considering Dasatinib as well. Can you let me know how to get it or self prescribe. I have not been to my GP but know he won’t give me a prescription. 

• Marty McSorley
    • Web Entrepreneur
    • Marty_McSorley
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

I get it as DasaPro from IAS in the UK. (They're good reliable people, I get several supplements from them). It comes as 12 x 40mg tabs in a bottle. I just started my second course of Dasatinib (first one was last summer, about 9 months ago). I've tolerated it well (as I do most medications/supplements), but I did get a bit of a headache after the second dose (week 2) last time.

• MSS
    • Mahabir_Surah
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

I have tried to order from IAS in the Uk. When I try to add it to the cart it displays a message that a prescription is required from U.K. and European destinations and it doesn’t go into the cart.

• Marty McSorley
      • Web Entrepreneur
      • Marty_McSorley
      • 4 yrs ago
      • Reported - view

MSS I'm in the US and it's not a problem for me (ironic, since the FDA is very tough on supplements here). Perhaps the same "loophole" exists if you try ordering from the US. There are a couple suppliers in the US who are mentioned in this forum; perhaps you can get it from one of them without a prescription. Otherwise, contact your life extension doctor (in my opinion anyone doing this protocol should be working with a life extension doctor, who knows what negative side effects to look for and can warn you away from potential dangers). I say this, but I'm doing the Dasatinib protocol against the recommendation of my LE doctor, who isn't a big fan of self-experimentation.

• MSS
      • Mahabir_Surah
      • 4 yrs ago
      • Reported - view

Marty McSorley 

• MSS
      • Mahabir_Surah
      • 4 yrs ago
      • Reported - view

Marty McSorley Thanks for your help. I will look up the supplier in US and try to get it from there. I am 75 now and I got to try it .

• Van
    • Van
    • 4 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

I also take Linsopril and Metformin.  I take Linsopril at night instead of morning, and it gives me a chance to take Metformin during the day when you eat and your glucose it at its highest.

Like Follow
  • 4 yrs agoLast active
  • 10Replies
  • 130Views
  • 4 Following