Dasatinib

Hi Brian,

On the website "SocietyforAgeReversal.org which is the same as rescueelders.org I think. You mentioned in the blog, "I'm taking a very quick break from the engaging presentations to report that after taking – mid-afternoon yesterday, Friday, Sept. 21 – 200 mg of dasatinib and 2000 mg of quercetin".

Where did you get the dasatinib? International Antiaging Systems (I.A.S.) does not sell it and I have been looking for a supplier!

Any information on obtaining dasatinib I would think would be greatly apprecitated by me and maybe other rescueelders.org members.

113replies Oldest first
  • Oldest first
  • Newest first
  • Active threads
  • Popular
    • JGC
    • Retired Professor of Physics
    • JGC
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Dear Snowbird,

The best source I have \been able to turn up is theBonHoa Pharmacy in New Deli, India, link https://www.bonhoa.com/ . However, they have a peculiar payment system in which you place your order and then wait some hours for a reply email providing payment links.

Like 2
      • Peter5.0
      • peter50
      • 5 yrs ago
      • Reported - view

JGC did you order from bonhoa.com and what did you think of the quality of their product. Some are concerned that the quality of meds from overseas may not be a good quality as domestic products. Others believe that Big Pharma jacks up the prices of drugs that should not be as high as we see here in the States. I'm of the latter group.

I just came across the bonhoa site today and see that their prices are about 10% of what pharmacies charge in the USA. Have you tried the US meds vs the overseas meds?

• Wuwei57 I ordered Lucidas (SPRYCEL) Dasatinib 70mg from bonahoa.com . The reason for the low price is explain here:
      https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dasatinib#Cost
      I statred taking the dasatinib + qurcertin three months ago, and my osteoarthritis has been improved drastically, so I think there is no problem in the quality.

Like 4
      • JGC
      • JGC
      • 5 yrs ago
      • Reported - view

Peter5.0 

I did purchase a bottle of Lucidas Pharmaceuticals brand 60 Dasatinib 50 mg tablets from BonHoa for a bit over $200.  I have no way of evaluating the quality as compared to the Bristol-Meyers-Squibb product ($2k for 4 pills), which I have not tried.  However, others have made the same purchase of Dasatinib and reported that they observed senolytic results.

Like 4
      • Peter5.0
      • peter50
      • 5 yrs ago
      • Reported - view

JGC thanks, the speaker we listened to on Sat recommended buying US products only because of FDA supervision in the manufacturing process. Personally, I believe that US drug makers really jack up prices to boost profits, as we have seen with Epipens and many other drugs that have seen huge markups in the past few years. Maybe other studies will compare the quality of the two products. I just wanted to hear about first hand accounts of those who have purchase from bonhoa with no complaints on quality. We do know one man in Vegas who was part of a trial and probably took the $2000 tabs from Bristol Meyers. He may be willing to try out this other version and give feedback in its strengths and quality. 

Even if its only 90% as effective as the bonhoa caps, I'm willing to go with that to save $1750. 

Like 3
      • RobH
      • RobH
      • 5 yrs ago
      • Reported - view

Peter5.0 If that speaker who recommended US products only couldn't even accept Canadian products, then it was just FUD favoring US distribution and FDA jurisdiction.  The primary reason to buy foreign is because of the barriers set up by the FDA.  If I had to pay $2000 for dasatinib, then I just would do without.  At $200 I'm game.  And the Indian pharmacy delivered a product that looks and acts exactly like what has been described for dasatinib.

Like 2
      • Peter5.0
      • peter50
      • 5 yrs ago
      • Reported - view

RobH he didn't specifically exclude Canadian drugs but had experience with the FDA supervision of drugs produced in the USA. He felt that we would get the highest quality due to the monitoring by the FDA during the production. We did not get into the discussion of price gouging by US pharmaceutical companies. Do you have access to Canadian sources and know their prices? I have a few contacts in Canada too. 

• RobH
      • RobH
      • 5 yrs ago
      • Reported - view

Peter5.0 I think Dr. Green, a US doctor, recommends a Canadian pharmacy for rapamycin.  It was like 30% or so cheaper than the US version, and acceptable quality.  It may even be the same manufacturing plant with a "destined for Canada" box - I don't really have the details.  But the essential point is that acceptable quality rapamycin is available at significantly lower price for those willing to jump the hoops enforced by FDA.  While I purchased my first batch of rapamycin from India, it turns out that it is available even cheaper from IAS in Britain.  IAS is a high end offshore pharmacy that has been in business for decades, no thanks to the FDA.

Canada has such a high reputation for drug quality that they have become a brand name to feature, even when the actual pharmacies have no connection to Canada.  If a "Canadian" pharmacy doesn't require a prescription, then it's not in Canada.  I would avoid any such place as their ethics are obviously on the suspect side.  The Indian pharmacies I've used are proud of their businesses, and haven't hidden under false pretenses.

The use of a permission slip (prescription) from a doctor is not a universal practice in the world.  Mexico in particular allows a pharmacist to sell most drugs on their own authority.  As far as I can tell, Mexico does not have a problem with what we call prescription drugs.  Illegal drugs, yes.  Everyday drugs that doctors recommend are not a problem worth creating the US style bureaucracy.

Like 2
      • JohnnyAdamsmoderator
      • Mission: Slow and Ultimately Reverse Biological Aging and Age Related Decline for More Years of Healthy Living
      • JohnnyAdams
      • 5 yrs ago
      • Reported - view

JGC 

Re your forum post about testing dasatinib for purity and content. 

Recently I located Echelon Biosciences Inc on Science Exchange. 

They performed HPLC (high-performance liquid chromatography) testing of samples against a generic (known) quality of dasatinib acquired from Sigma: CAS: 302962-49-8.

www.sigmaaldrich.com/catalog/buildingblock/product/matrixscientific/mat370173661?lang=en&region=US

We checked Sprycel dasatinib (Bristol-Myers Squibb) 20 mg purchased at a US pharmacy

and Sprycel dasatinib (Bristol-Myers Squibb) 60 mg purchased from an Indian pharmacy.

Both checked out according to this procedure.  As with any pharmaceutical, there is some risk.  

They still have the HPLC data to use for checking other dasatinib samples.

Cost for new samples should be modest.

We went through a learning curve for communications and to arrive at a procedure for this, so I strongly suggest you keep me in the loop. (949) 922-9786, JAdams@grg.org

I have contacted Mark and he is ready to accept more samples.

Mark Nelson, PhD

Echelon Biosciences Inc

675 Arapeen Drive Suite 302

Salt Lake City, UT 84108

mnelson@frontiersci.com

Cell: 774-571-8607

Office: 801-588-0455 ex 308

Payments to Kelly Sauder in accounting ksauder@echelon-inc.com

We went through a learning curve for communications and to arrive at a procedure for this, so I strongly suggest you keep me in the loop.

Next we could through the process for testing others, like rapamycin. 

Like 4
      • Peter5.0
      • peter50
      • 5 yrs ago
      • Reported - view

RobH can you post a link to IAS so I can check it out? 

• JGC
      • JGC
      • 5 yrs ago
      • Reported - view

Peter5.0 

Here's what the Wikipedia article on Dasatinib has to say about Bristol-Meyers Squibb pricing:

"The Union for Affordable Cancer Treatment objected to the price of dasatinib, in a letter to the U.S. trade representative. The average wholesale price in the U.S. is $367 per day, twice the price in other high income countries. The price in India, where the average annual per capita income is $1,570, and where most people pay out of pocket, is Rs6627 ($108) a day. Indian manufacturers offered to supply generic versions for $4 a day, but, under pressure from the U.S., the Indian Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion refused to issue a compulsory license.[4]

Bristol-Myers Squibb justified the high prices of cancer drugs with the high R&D costs, but the Union of Affordable Cancer Treatment said that most of the R&D costs came from the U.S. government, including National Institutes of Health funded research and clinical trials, and a 50% tax credit. In England and Wales, the National Institute for Health and Care Excellence recommended against dasatinib because of the high cost-benefit ratio.[4]

The Union for Affordable Cancer Treatment said that "the dasatinib dispute illustrates the shortcomings of US trade policy and its impact on cancer patients"[4]"

Like 2
      • RobH
      • RobH
      • 5 yrs ago
      • Reported - view

Peter5.0 Just another pointer back to the thread on IAS - https://forum.age-reversal.net/t/80rgtz

Like 1
      • Dan Nave
      • Dan_Nave
      • 4 yrs ago
      • Reported - view

JGC 

Did Bon Hoa require a prescription from you, and if so how did you get on for this off label use?

• Rob8311
      • Rob8311
      • 4 yrs ago
      • Reported - view

JGC Any particular reason to take dasatinib on an empty stomach?

• JGC
      • JGC
      • 4 yrs ago
      • Reported - view

Rob8311 

No particular reason for the empty stomach except timing.  Last year we took a BioPerine cap at 9 AM followed by the D+Q session at 10 AM.  We usually have a light breakfast anyhow.  Some people claim that it's better to do D+Q with a high-fat meal.

• Rob8311
      • Rob8311
      • 4 yrs ago
      • Reported - view

JGC That's good, because the drug sheet says it's fine with or without food.  One less substance to agonize about when to take, and good for those with sensitive stomachs.

• JGC
      • JGC
      • 4 yrs ago
      • Reported - view

Dan Nave 

Bon Hoa did ask me for a prescription, but they shipped after I told them that the Dasatinib was to be used to treat my aging Shetland Sheepdogs (true, but incomplete).  However, I believe that others have obtained Lucidias Dasatinib from them without a prescription.

• RobH
      • RobH
      • 4 yrs ago
      • Reported - view

JGC My guess is that using a credit card to pay for what are prescription drugs in the US triggers the prescription request. Ditto bank based payments, although I've had success with eCheck. RIA money seems OK.

• JGC
      • JGC
      • 4 yrs ago
      • Reported - view

RobH 

I paid them with PayPal, and for some reason they did not require payment until the shipment was delivered.

• Marco
      • Marco
      • 3 yrs ago
      • Reported - view

Peter5.0 

• Jajja
    • Jajja
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

Just curious as to why we haven't had an update from Brian on his experience and the results of the blood test he expected to get in mid October.  Hope all is well!

Like 1
  • Is Dasatinib $14,000 dollars for 30 20mg pills from your use. The price seems wrong. What are you paying?

• RobH
    • RobH
    • 5 yrs ago
    • Reported - view

For whatever it's worth, here's a report of ordering Dasatinib from India.

The price at BonHoa was $165 + $35 shipping for 60 20mg tablets.  You provide them with a name and email address for PayPal to send you a payment request.  PayPal emails you a request for $200 to be paid to an individual (nothing about BonHoa) with a bunch of numbers that identify the order.  I paid the PayPal invoice with a credit card.  BonHoa and PayPal send confirmation of the payment.  BonHoa sends the package via EMS, with final delivery by USPS.  The package was opened by customs, resealed, and delivered normally.  Signed receipt for delivery confirmation.  Total shipment time was 13 days.

The product was manufactured by Lucidus Pharmaceuticals.  Manufacture date June, 2017.  Expiration date May 2019.

I've taken 1 dose of 10 20mg tablets plus 3 800mg quercetin.  Before taking the dasatinib I took 3 gm of liquid liposomal vitamin C as a precaution against an allergic reaction.  The second dose is due, but I don't want to combine it with Thanksgiving dinner...

I think that I felt a little under the weather from maybe hour 2 to hour 4 after the dose.  Certainly nothing dramatic.  One thing that the dasatinib may have done is that a sore spot on the palm of my left foot is less irritating.  Maybe a little more energy.  I'm 74.

Like 6
      • Dennis
      • Retired USAF pilot, biochemist.
      • Dennis
      • 5 yrs ago
      • Reported - view

RobH Great reporting Rob! Thanks! I'll likely follow your lead in the near future!

• RobH   Can you take this combo while also taking Rapamycin? Thanks for any help you can offer.  

Like2 Follow
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 yrs agoLast active
  • 113Replies
  • 2560Views
  • 33 Following